Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_custominfo (Read 188136 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_custominfo

Reply #75
i'm frequently sort out my music (changing path to files)
is it possible to take files by guid or something like that beside/instead filepath?

thanks

foo_custominfo

Reply #76
no, that's not possible atm, though i think that custom function for this could be added. i don't see much use for it though, maybe just for the masstagger.

on a sidenote: custom info works perfectly with foo_skip

I think there would be some nice possibilities for function like that. Possible place to use this would be for play count plugin style but without the need for media library etc.

I got rating thing to work nicely with playlist tree and browser. Brilliant plugin!

foo_custominfo

Reply #77
Hi,

Just a short question:

Will this plugin support direct writing of tags? I quite liked foo_quicktag with the ability for example to write %genre% tags straight from the context menu. If does anyone else have a "workaround" to write quickly predefinded tags?

EDIT:

Found an answer to my second question: Workaround is to use the masstager context menu entry and to define scrips there. Anyway, this is quite painstaking as you have to create a single entry for e.g. for every genry + not the possibility of organizing everything into submenus.

Chris

foo_custominfo

Reply #78
Featrue request:

Assign values globally, not to specific songs.

from user point of view:
  • 'context menu commands' tab in settings: field name interpreted as tagz, checkbox for setting 'global'
  • acces functions in style of $cinfo...

many usefull applications:
  • artist/album ratings ( by setting key to e.g.  %artist%__%album%:
        I know this can be done already but some external scripting is neaded. Now i'm using foo_run and some    VBScript operating on the database file...  And if a new album of an already rated artist is added.. you know..
  • artist/album info, including liks, bios, etc... It's would be much simplier to have it in one place instead of spreaded across all tracks.. an it wouldn't get lost when moving,renaming recoding songs...
  • parametrization of track_info_panel, single_column_playlist and such...
If You can only find some spare time ;]

foo_custominfo

Reply #79
very great idea, I'm waiting of something like that

foo_custominfo

Reply #80
well thought, azazel100. i didn't realize that custom info would be nice place to store these "globals" which we could use for parametrization / state changing stuff.

and that idea to store album related things by using unique variables with "calculated" names, is simply yet powerful. we could of course use $crc if needed.

so i second all you wrote, plus:
  • custom info editor / viewer (it would be best to incorporate this into foobar's properties dialog)

foo_custominfo

Reply #82
i want to add the PERFORMER tag to my database but because most of my albums are cue based i can't, so i hear about this plugin. It works great but it's very tedious to open the preference panel every time to change the performer details. I was thinkings if it is possible to have an inputbox every time i want to add a performer??? Get the idea???
Chaintech AV-710 Wolfson DAC - Carver CM1065 - JBL LX770

foo_custominfo

Reply #83
I'm getting a new computer and want to copy my music files and everything to its hard drive. Is there a way to do this without losing the custom info? (I use it for ratings.)

I'm not a code geek, so please use simple words ^^

foo_custominfo

Reply #84
I'm getting a new computer and want to copy my music files and everything to its hard drive. Is there a way to do this without losing the custom info? (I use it for ratings.)

I'm not a code geek, so please use simple words ^^

Your custominfo database file should be stored in C:\Program Files\foobar2000\, or C:\Documents and Settings\You\Application Data\foobar2000\, depending on whether or not you selected per-user settings when you installed foobar.  Just copy the file, and leave the directory paths to your music exactly the same.

foo_custominfo

Reply #85
we really need someone to implement variation of the text file storage method which would create one file per directory (of the playing item and default locaton for read only item - cd etc.).

foo_custominfo

Reply #86
we really need someone to implement variation of the text file storage method which would create one file per directory (of the playing item and default locaton for read only item - cd etc.).

This is a brilliant idea. Combine this with azazel100's idea, and as long as you have an existing directory structure you can apply variables globally to directories and sub-directories. The only problem is, obviously it would be better if this could still be implemented for the sqlite database.

Please keep working on this it is much appreciated!

foo_custominfo

Reply #87
I would like to have a value saved automatically when a certain event happens.
specifically I would like to save the system date and time saved in, say, %playback_start% on playback-start of every song. is that possible?

foo_custominfo

Reply #88
Hi,

will there be a further developement of this extension? I am planning to switch from musikCube to foobar and I am used to save the rating in an MySQL database. As far as I understood the main problem of this plugin is, besides of some lacking features, its performance for big music collections, correct? Are there some databased alternatives?
Regards,
matturius

foo_custominfo

Reply #89
if there is further development...this question would interest me too. The plugin has 3 modes
a) write mysql lite database on the fly
b) store custom fields in the foobar's database, which is the fastest method
c) in a textfile

a) I have never tried because as u write the author wrote its slower than fb's db

I use b) and its really fast, i cannot determine any difference in speed
c) I use for tranfering my ratings to another foobar installation on same pc

The biggest disadvantage with costom config is that when u rename/move files or use network devices from a other pc, custom config cannot handle your ratings etc. anymore.
So, a big wishlist for me to combine customconfig entries with a filename - not path (on 30000 tracks here I think I have only a few doublenamed soundfiles)

There are no database plugin alternatives.

foo_custominfo

Reply #90
Hi,

I assigned Plus and Minus on my keyboard as shortcuts for rating +-1, so it is quite easy to rate a song. I also switched to save the ratings in the Foobar config files, but cannot say anything about performance. So far it seems usable for me.

@Infernus: Couldn't you export your ratings to a text file, apply some search and replace functions for new filepathes/drives and re-import them into your config file? That's how I would solve that problem.
Regards,
matturius

foo_custominfo

Reply #91
I'm confused.

What exactly do I have to do to get this plugin to save ReplayGain values (instead of being forced to save the values in each MP3 header after a RG scan)?

I installed the .dll and selected a database type to use. But what do I need to do to get the RG tags written to the database instead of the MP3s?

foo_custominfo

Reply #94
probably quite easy to do but i'm very new to foobar so bare with me..Im using this having ratings for my music.

I've added the column and got the stars showing. Some things i would like to be able to do...

1. Im going to have 2 buttons with hearts, - and + which i can click on and add or take away stars. At the moment i can add as many stars as i want, same for the context menu. How can i limit this to 5. And also limit it to -2.

2. Is it possible for me to add an entry to the playback order dropdown. To only play 5 Star songs in the current playlist? If so how could i do that.

3. Does anyone have any grey heart icons ?

THanks.

foo_custominfo

Reply #95
1. For increasing use $ifequal(%rating%,5,5,$add(%rating%,1)), for decreasing use $ifequal(%rating%,-2,-2,$sub(%rating%,1))

2. foo_skip
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foo_custominfo

Reply #96
Oh no!  i just clicked reset ALL and lost everything, all my tweaks, the whole thing...

slowly trying to design everything again. I had a custom Style for my ratings on the columns tab. It was quite small but help it display Stars instead of Numbers.

Could anyone tell me what it was..I found it on these forums and it was just a single line of code.

much appreciated. joe

foo_custominfo

Reply #97
I know masstagger doesn't but can autoplaylists use custom info tags?

foo_custominfo

Reply #98
Yes.

Wolfsong, yes.
Sharing delusions since 1991.