Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem Viewing with IE (Read 4544 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem Viewing with IE

whenever i click on a link in HA, instead of taking me to the next page, or the portal, or whatever, i get a page of this:

-»±ÙÐÜø»þ6ú™F6ÈT$#î|@»î2_Tˆílýº…B6`Æ>Î |#øìãÄݹm—J;ê1§R[ö˜mgᱯçVg;$F j¶\--‡H3á„"Sò‚GÓª)lg{E%F}uà .]:‚Cu•(æ„y±;‚o‘dØyü;Ñ-r»Á¸g•Ø°ÃßÔ¤îˆîóPãöu¼Éb½ð–>V D+œÊÛä•‘Mt'‰²%ÓÿÁJ¾ÚpÖ[Q­¢ª%¤¼4æž.Õ+?®m3 ån¦ÎŽF;-‰4Á¶·žåŸ=w˜R6ð“l üX|˜éE „åâÀBÿþ;ÔLI,üè7ê,¬µIN™ òH'e–t‹j‚4 }¥Fô&Ã×r2E‹‡ýÇ«´uØì ÝlvËCJ.–°&¤jº°FOá @Îö^p×ß'æ¬7ˈ/{Gz²£ušê”VkeRkeõ^Œ¦AÚþzu|™i¼žZœSL̸3Š¬ ¸alN€,MËì2ð§Á¢—Aq ªÕjyx1ƒhÙ’8¡"ÏhÈ^`È$£ý'è"œd04ÊÃ:ñe®C4l s¡nNš™·3wùû?íæ{@)—1´=S°DúI€GIŒöAx$ᩍÅ;{†ðœ{‘ê­*ÅÏôWs4Ä)–}ƒ<\N¦Ë ƒÉhåÄÏ`!mp2ìñ¶%ͬeTEçÍf£:®ÞpŒ±Àå©;¿ÃccÎþo%ÆÉ©œn:+=£©ä@;–& €xI“åáW[Ïž=cÙŸ »õR¼)^xI=Yf„ã Œ k Ù«K‡iY,YÐP(aFºô¸ ôð"G¢®ë«ª.á¿è‹*.¬sìâkZýMÑŠS¢.  #±]ša(ì8´†ŸÑ²Aé ³hß¼RAi*Ž®•îcøñÔÜ8²ÃäÒÔT‘‡ÕV™;0¢Ö †µX¢ÔdšÑÍ+ëÑ+êéC¨ ú£È°Ð`Ř{nìVŠžØ¡‡ès¦låk•ŒÒ0ëeUØKá$:,­öd|×7ÈûÌWn,V~¢†ëš,Ìá…K0E0–€PÕ+äB½Lœæ"˜KÅ—ë6‹Ph/Ö%f{+êÊœŠË˜´‹0©/3m{l›µ·¤eOîÚ¬/¥Ñ}3™°÷2ÙáÊáÜ[5œ¶=¯¾³Ôæ^A?z‹°Þ °MŸÔ+d,äDÜ| ±Š —Ç«¹y%;CkP± ™"¾6–x2éz1Œ~$TïAu‰a3¨BÅ‚fŠx×h­BµFk%U›«Q]’U›ÍÉ…ÑYMÕ"UbM!|Vîüsµ8K<üZ†¡N®¹Üj7—Øêʈû Í"¦j.1ÕrG–!­b­ã“Ê[ò’TõW<°ny VR¢±$ƒÇ'i­Ú•GøaYÁHa©±DŽ<ËP è¡ìø„ a“hyîKZm,åˆ \оÔV‘*kt ÀO–‰Ç£Æu†—ª/²V¿Š}L/< zsQÔ±z3°Ø%¢»tbN‡ZvºT8ݬà¢dlOuµÌ,ÒŠ½+”FX––®ÊÈ¥. fçÈ3Ô r©òSGô¥,/»‚”ïð<ùá=þÔFü³géêØ¿„£Bd¤Eà'Ó~)³¤DU3ïÒ5*¥¡J¡~Ïoì åtu¿°©5QNp&¤5QpY'¶02(7¼cG§\JMVès²À&»l=»®CM×—çwñQI~vàØi  ôèüfi¨Œ`Ðz ËJ™4ã

this occurs with some other web sites as well, but mostly with HA and a few other boards. what could cause this? i'm using the latest version of IE and wireless.

there is no possible way for me to try direct connecting instead of wireless, as i'm on the third floor and the router is on the first.

if i click refresh, the page loads, no problem. but only AFTER i click refresh. what gives?
i hate cats

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #1
Problems with gzip on the fly?

What browser are you using?

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #2
Hello streightedg,

Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files cache. This simple trick has solved lots of problems before.

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #3
Try this in IE:

Extras -> internet options -> advanced

Enable "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections".

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #4
well, i did both (del. temp. internet files AND http1.1) and the problems seems to have gone away: THANKS! it was really starting to bug me.

btw - what does that switch in advanced options do?
i hate cats

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #5
btw - what does that switch in advanced options do?

The HTTP 1.1 protocol has stricter rules than 1.0, and for a setup like yours (router and/or wireless), this is often needed to get rid of those display errors. For normal connections (not behind a router), IE always uses HTML 1.1.

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #6
HTML 1.1 ?

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #7
HTTP, of course

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #8
thanks, its all fixed now...
i hate cats

Problem Viewing with IE

Reply #9