Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.3.17 has "lost" files (Read 2413 times) previous topic - next topic

1.3.17 has "lost" files

I have a folder of classical music that contains 8878 audio files (flac, mp3 and wma).

Mp3tag sees these files. Foobar used to see all 8878 files, as I use the Text Tools utility to populate an Excel spreadsheet with track name, artist name, etc. The spreadsheet shows 8878 enumerated files as of its last update, which was prior to my updating of foobar to 1.3.17

After updating to foobar version 1.3.17, foobar now sees 8755 files.

Foobar has no issue playing any of the file types, but it appears to just arbitrarily not seeing 123 files.

Any thoughts as to why foobar seems to not "see" files?

Thank you for any assistance that you may be able to provide.

Re: 1.3.17 has "lost" files

Reply #1
Have you found the 123 files that don't appear in Foobar2000 with file explorer? is there anything common about them (file format, tags, file properties)?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Given that there 8800+ files to look through, I have not looked via explorer. Mp3tag is finding them and sees them tagged correctly.

I exported a csv file from Mp3tag and did a spreadsheet to spreadsheet comparison, it seems the files not being seen by foobar are random, at least to my eye.

Reply #3
Going through my folders one at a time, I discovered this:

When I drag that folder into the foobar playlist, only one track shows up.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I can see the file name length difference, but these files with the longer names DID used to show up in foobar without any issue.

(yes, I am aware that is foobar 1.3.10, I tried rolling foobar back a few releases to see if I could fix this)

edit: I can manually drag the individual files to the foobar playlist and they work just fine. However, when I drag the folder to the playlist, it only adds that one single track.

If I had any hair left, I would pull it out.

Reply #4
I may be running into a MAX_PATH windows 7 issue that Microsoft has broken with a recent "upgrade".

I installed Winamp and it is having the same issue foobar is having. Obviously, something has changed and the only alterations to this particular system are the monthly Windows "fixes".

It is interesting that Mp3tag sees the files and reports them out, but the audio players just aren't reading them in a file scan.

Reply #6

Library search sees them.

This is confusing to me, as I know the files were being seen when I populated the playlist by File>Add Folder, but now they aren't.

Reply #7
Would be good to see if v 1.4 beta 3 changes that situation...

Reply #8
This issue continues in version 1.4

Can a developer please look and see why foobar's playlist is not seeing files that the library view does see?

Reply #9
Disregard the above. I downloaded and ran an application called FolderSizes 8 (an interesting utility) which gave me a report on files by type. After running FolderSizes, for whatever reason Foobar then saw everything from the playlist view.

I have no idea WHY this fixed it, but it is fixed.