Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP4 chapters: weird behavior (Read 1953 times) previous topic - next topic

MP4 chapters: weird behavior

When I convert to m4a in fb2k (1.3.17) in "generate multi-track files" mode, the resulting files are displayed fine in fb2k. The m4a files have blank title field and the chapter name is shown in the track title column in fb2k.

But I also happened to have m4a files with both titles and chapters, mainly classical music, like title="Sonata xxx", chapter1="Allegro", chapter2="Moderato", .... These are shown completely wrong in fb2k: their title field is filled with the name of the same last chapter in the file repeatedly for each chapter line.

Is this an issue or the designed behavior?

Re: MP4 chapters: weird behavior

Reply #2
Read the title formatting documentation, made a couple of experiments. Still unable to solve my problem.

Having named chapters in a file prevents me from seeing the file's track title tag completely. I could not find any field reference function in fb2k to retrieve that in presence of chapters.

The current model used in fb2k requires that the file's track title tag be blank if chapters are present, or otherwise the tag reference functions go wrong showing the same title of the last chapter of the file.

I do not have an option to avoid chapter handling in fb2k so as to see a file as one track but at least with correct title.

PS:
Since there is not too much interest among the general forum public, maybe this should be regarded as a support issue?
Could anybody please help me move the topic there?

Reply #3
Don't worry. Those who should read this have read this. But answer will be given when problem will be identified in the code and some plan to fix this will be on horizon.

By the way, when we talk about 'horizon' - on this forum there is still much more attention paid to your posts than on Forza Horizon 2/3 forums, where you request support for products that can cost substantial amount of money and are released by the software giant. That's just my experience...

Reply #4
Bug confirmed, thanks for reporting. The next update will address this.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
Foobar v1.4 beta 3 now displays chapter names correctly. Big thanks to everybody involved.

However, it would also be nice to be able to access chapter tags with $meta() directly. So that the track and chapter titles could be distinguished. Maybe something like TIT2 and TIT3 tags in MP3 spec.