Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cdex Vs Eac : The Results ! (Read 97365 times) previous topic - next topic

Cdex Vs Eac : The Results !

Reply #25
Hi
when testing CDex you should not configure it in full paranoia extracting mode, this mode is only for last chance trials !
you write that CDex doesnt detect errors but full paranoia IS a no detect mode !
CDex detects errors when configured in standard mode, when a song has one or more errors you should try first to rerun the extraction STAYING in standard (track one often gets error because the reader starts too fast)
after one or two reruns and the errors are still there, switch to paranoia/overlap only mode and you'll get the file in 99.99% of disks

yours truly

Cdex Vs Eac : The Results !

Reply #26
Hi
when testing CDex you should not configure it in full paranoia extracting mode, this mode is only for last chance trials !
you write that CDex doesnt detect errors but full paranoia IS a no detect mode !
CDex detects errors when configured in standard mode, when a song has one or more errors you should try first to rerun the extraction STAYING in standard (track one often gets error because the reader starts too fast)
after one or two reruns and the errors are still there, switch to paranoia/overlap only mode and you'll get the file in 99.99% of disks

yours truly

This article needs to be placed in the wiki on the cdparanoia page I was going to research it myself, but forgot.
budding I.T professional