Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography (Read 53796 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography

Reply #75
New Version: Biography 1.1.2

REQUIREMENT: Spider Monkey Panel 1.2.1+
Optional: FontAwesome
    Highly recommended for better rendering of certain buttons. If not installed, affected buttons fallback to a different style.

Please post discussion here.

Reply #76
New Version: Biography 1.1.3

REQUIREMENT: Spider Monkey Panel 1.2.2+
Optional: FontAwesome: Highly recommended for better rendering of certain buttons. If not installed, affected buttons fallback to a different style.

Please post discussion here.

Reply #77
Hallo there,
I'm using (latest) foobar v.1.5.2. I have also SpiderMonkeyPanel, Biography and JScript Panel on latest version.
It was working properly, as it should since yesterday at the afternoon: I can't see either artist pictures nor pictures from covers.  I see only text (biography) but no pictures.
Any suggestions please?

Reply #78
Hey,
I cannot install the component.
I have this message:
JScript Panel v2.3.6.1 (id:986144)
Erreur de compilation Microsoft JScript:
Erreur de syntaxe
File: <main>
Line: 3, Col: 1
Line 3: const requiredVersionStr = '1.2.2'; function is_compatible(requiredVersionStr) {const requiredVersion = requiredVersionStr.split('.'), currentVersion = utils.Version.split('.'); if (currentVersion.length > 3) currentVersion.length = 3; for (let i = 0; i < currentVersion.length; ++i) if (currentVersion != requiredVersion) return currentVersion > requiredVersion; return true;} if (!is_compatible(requiredVersionStr)) fb.ShowPopupMessage(`Biography requires v${requiredVersionStr}. Current component version is v${utils.Version}.`);

Re: Biography 1.1.3: Size artist picture

Reply #79
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what values I need to change to make the artist image smaller and thus give the text more space?

Thank you very much.

Re: Biography 1.1.3: Size artist picture

Reply #80
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what values I need to change to make the artist image smaller and thus give the text more space?

Thank you very much.

I've got it!! This is sooo cool done. Totally freaky. Respect and congratulations to WilB!

Solution:
Right click --> Layout --> Create and mange Styles --> Create New Style

8)  8)  8)  :D

Reply #81
Hi people !

I just found that new searchs for allmusic always returns not found.

I didn't notice before because almost all artist have downloaded data already.

For example I add The Chemical Brothers to my library and last.fm data was downloaded but allmusic returns
Biography Server: allmusic biography: The Chemical Brothers: not found
Biography Server: allmusic album review: Exit Planet Dust / The Chemical Brothers: not found

and allmusic have both
https://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-chemical-brothers-mn0000067631/biography
https://www.allmusic.com/album/exit-planet-dust-mw0000175359

Anyone having something similar and found a solution?

Thanks in advanced

Edit: Using foobar2000 v1.6.5 biography 1.13 spidermonkey 1.4.1 running in ubuntu 21.04 with wine-staging 6.7

Reply #82
This will be related to your post in the main SMP thread where it was unable to load the htmlfile ActiveXObject under WINE - there would be no issues on Windows. For scraping the allmusic website, it's absolutely required.

Reply #83
This will be related to your post in the main SMP thread where it was unable to load the htmlfile ActiveXObject under WINE - there would be no issues on Windows. For scraping the allmusic website, it's absolutely required.

Makes sense.

And this time will not be as easy as comment out some line I suppose.

At least last.fm works...

And talking about requieres ActiveX...there must be a version of biography that worked in a different way because I have a lot of reviews downloaded and always used wine to foobar so it was working in the past.

Do you know which one?

Reply #84
It's always required it. Perhaps you had a different WINE configuration? I see from the SMP thread, you're avoiding a 32bit prefix/IE8. That would probably fix it.

edit: i've not tried this script for awhile but I'm pretty it's required for last.fm too - definitely for images. bios are available via the web service/JSON but IIRC, WilB scrapes for extra info from the webpages.

Reply #85
It's always required it. Perhaps you had a different WINE configuration? I see from the SMP thread, you're avoiding a 32bit prefix/IE8. That would probably fix it.

edit: i've not tried this script for awhile but I'm pretty it's required for last.fm too - definitely for images. bios are available via the web service/JSON but IIRC, WilB scrapes for extra info from the webpages.

Download images never worked in wine, at least for me, not even in the old times of first wsh or jscript panel.

A 32 bit prefix doesn't make any differences besides that is mandatory if you want to install ie8 verb.

But ie8 doesn't help with download images neither to get allmusic reviews. (I makes it right know and he gives "Biography Server: allmusic album review / biography: In Your Nature / Zola Jesus: not found Status error: 12157")

Sometime ago was necessary to even makes the panel works but with spider monkey and new wine versions is no more mandatory. The panel almost works in a default install without winetricks verbs. With wsh57, gdi+ and a key in regedit (AppliedDPI) you can use all complete samples, the cool album list and biography.

The only problems (in the "you can fix now" list) that left is the crash in right click and the allmusic data

But if you go the way of ie8 verb you can't download images anyway, allmusic doesn't works, the links in all the profile are linked to ie8 (and ie8 in wine doesn't open almost any page and get stuck all time) and some script like musicbrainz info doesn't works.

Is a no go that way.

And I had to use it a long time

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=112914.msg975148#msg975148

In this allmusic worked, I know now where my download data comes from.

Yeah last modification of Fear Factory.txt 20 dic 2019, so around this time the panel stop downloading data.

The newest are from August 2020

Reply #86
I suspect this would be servers being updated to block ye olde clients without modern TLS support. It's like Windows 7 is pretty useless out of the box until it's fully updated.

Reply #87
I suspect this would be servers being updated to block ye olde clients without modern TLS support. It's like Windows 7 is pretty useless out of the box until it's fully updated.

Sure it is  ;D

With ie8 you can forget about any https.or similar inside the prefix, even if you changes the keys in regedit ie8 always find the way to come back.

I even used a old 32 firefox installed inside wine to try to avoid ie8 but was a race lost before start

Reply #88
Of course installing 3rd party browsers in WINE won't make any difference. If you can install/browse with them, that's because they will use 3rd party libraries like OpenSSL and have their own certificate stores which have no dependences on the underlying APIs provided by the OS.

All internet connectivity in JScript Panel and Spider Monkey Panel is through the xmlhttp ActiveXObject / built in windows certificate store which is entirely dependent on how updated the OS is. It doesn't necessarily have to be that way but that's the way all scripts are currently written. No one has gone out of their way with alternatives because no one cares about WINE enough.

Reply #89
Of course installing 3rd party browsers in WINE won't make any difference. If you can install/browse with them, that's because they will use 3rd party libraries like OpenSSL and have their own certificate stores which have no dependences on the underlying APIs provided by the OS.

All internet connectivity in JScript Panel and Spider Monkey Panel is through the xmlhttp ActiveXObject / built in windows certificate store which is entirely dependent on how updated the OS is. It doesn't necessarily have to be that way but that's the way all scripts are currently written. No one has gone out of their way with alternatives because no one cares about WINE enough.
I only try to used it to open links, didn't expect that solved the conection issues

I understand this, the program is for windows and is must be more convenient use the already existing tools of the OS.

It will be cool if it was different but linux users are a minority.

Until then the only thing that left is wait for a implementation in the wine side.

Reply #90
New Version: Biography

REQUIREMENTS:
Spider Monkey Panel 1.4.1+
IE9 or later
FontAwesome

Please post discussion here

INSTALLATION

IMPORTANT: If updating from v1.1.3, and you wish to retain panel settings, export panel properties before installing the new version. Import them after installation. The new version no longer uses biography.ini. It's left in place for back compatibility with v1.1.3, otherwise it can be deleted. Settings therein are automatically imported into the new version.

This version has to be installed as a package.
1) Add a spider monkey panel to foobar2000.
1) Right click the spider monkey panel while pressing the windows key + shift. Choose configure panel.
2) On the script tab choose package.
3) Click the import button and import the biography package.

Troubleshooting
Please note that the package manager is a new feature of spider monkey panel. If you experience issues with the spider monkey panel installer follow the guide below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #91
Biography v1.2.0-Beta.2

Requirements: see previous post

INSTALLATION

New install or update from v1.1.3 or earlier versions of biography
Follow the installation guide in the previous post.

Update from v1.2.0-Beta.1
Unzip Biography 1.2.0-Beta.2
Close foobar2000
Navigate to the packages folder: foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}
It should either be directly in your foobar2000 profile folder or in a subfolder within called profile.
Replace the contents with the new version, i.e. replace the assets folder, the scripts folder & 3 files with the new ones.

Reply #92
New Version: Biography v1.2.0

REQUIREMENTS:
Spider Monkey Panel 1.5.0+
IE9 or later
FontAwesome

Please post discussion here

INSTALLATION

This version has to be installed as a package.

If UPDATING consider exporting panel properties to back-up settings (right click the panel while pressing the windows key + shift)
    - REQUIRED if updating from v1.1.3* or earlier & you wish to retain panel settings. Import them after installation.
    - OPTIONAL if updating a package, as settings should automatically be retained. Recommended as good practice, if you've done significant customization, in case the unexpected happens.

New install or update:
1) Add a spider monkey panel to foobar2000 if required
2) Close any instances of windows explorer using foobar2000 folders or subfolders
3) Right click the spider monkey panel while pressing the windows key + shift
4) Choose configure panel
5) On the script tab ensure package is selected
6) Open package manager if it doesn't open automatically
7) Import the package

*biography.ini is no longer used. It's left in place for back compatibility with v1.1.3, otherwise it can be deleted. Server settings therein are automatically imported into the new version.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021