Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_keep_queue (Read 47385 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_keep_queue

Reply #25
Carpman's crash happens in the destructor of "[font= "Courier New"]static pfc::list_t<t_playback_queue_item> queue_backup[/font]", because the [font= "Courier New"]t_playback_queue_item.m_handle[/font] is invalid, but not [font= "Courier New"]NULL[/font] - probably points to an already released memory.

That certainly should not happen, [font= "Courier New"]metadb_handle[/font]s are reference counted for a reason. I can only guess, maybe some other component releases a handle too many times? Might be also that one of the callbacks forwarded to [font= "Courier New"]backup_queue()[/font] gets called after cleaning the [font= "Courier New"]queue_backup[/font] in [font= "Courier New"]on_quit()[/font], therefore filling it again, possibly leaving a stray pointer around again. I don't know and it's hard to guess.

So anyway, it might be a good idea to not hold any references to metadb_handles, services or other shared objects till DLL unload, so I'd suggest having maybe a global flag like "[font= "Courier New"]bool g_shutting_down[/font]", which would ensure nothing would be done after [font= "Courier New"]on_quit()[/font] and see if that helped. And perhaps explicitely destroying the [font= "Courier New"]queue_pos[/font] array too, in case there is anything left there.

Additionally, better don't include the 3 MB Debug\foo_keep_queue.ilk and testing fb2k install in your source code package, it's unnecessarily large then. If anything, including a .pdb file for the release would be more useful.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #26
Thanks for the info Yirkha. I'll implement your suggestion. :) (Coding tips and thoughts always appreciated.)

That "source" package was mostly for my self I guess. And I did some clean on the project before packing, but seem it leaves some stuff behind. The next one will be lighter. ^^

foo_keep_queue

Reply #27
foo_keep_queue v0.3.3

Update includes:
  • Possible component compatibility/bug fix.

Download: foo_keep_queue 0.3.3
Source: src

(If some moderator could update the first post with these links it would be nice.)

foo_keep_queue

Reply #28
Thanks for the update Qtax. Works for me! No crashes. 

Cheers,

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_keep_queue

Reply #29
Hey, love this component, have been missing it ever since i switched over from winamp. Just wanted to note that the queue gets cleared when playing a 'next random' track (Playback > Random). Keep up the good work!

foo_keep_queue

Reply #31
Hey, love this component, have been missing it ever since i switched over from winamp. Just wanted to note that the queue gets cleared when playing a 'next random' track (Playback > Random). Keep up the good work!

Thanks, and same reason I made this, been missing it ever since switching from winamp.

Didn't know about this random clearing feature, will have a look at it.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #34
hey
i just downloaded this and i get this message:

Failed to load DLL: foo_keep_queue.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

tell me how can i help you to help me

foo_keep_queue

Reply #35
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Try removing "foo_keep_queue.dll.cfg", it should in foorbars configuration folder. Other than that I have no idea what might cause this.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #36
Thank you for this component. This is something I've wanted for a long time.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #37
Try removing "foo_keep_queue.dll.cfg", it should in foorbars configuration folder. Other than that I have no idea what might cause this.

there's no "foo_keep_queue.dll.cfg" in the config folder 
i can try disabling other plugins i have in my components folder, to see if any of them is causing problems. to eliminate them one by one..
i'll let you know if that helped asap.
i can also try using older versions of your plugin.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #38
i just downloaded this and i get this message:

@ pyrotechnician,

probably you have to install a particular version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Read here how the Windows event viewer can tell you more. If you are missing another assembly than that mentioned in the post I linked to an Internet search will tell you what runtimes you need.

@ Qtax,

fbuser explained here how to avoid this problem.

EDIT: I am a slave to my poor English.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #39
Wouldn't the message then be:
"This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000"

foo_keep_queue

Reply #40
Wouldn't the message then be:
"This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000"
Yes for "normal" DLLs, but here a Side-by-side assembly DLL is missing.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #42
You also won't see that error for MSVC 2010 binaries compiled with dynamic runtime, since they're no longer stored in the Side by Side assemblies folder. (%systemroot%\WinSxS)

foo_keep_queue

Reply #43
excellent plugin i love it.

i have a question... is there a way to see what's on the queue list ?

thanks

foo_keep_queue

Reply #44
foo_queuecontents

C.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #45
Great plugin. No crashes as yet. One problem i'm having is that there is no menu under Playback.

Using latest f2k and v0.3.5.

I got the following headings:

Replay Gain

Total Play Time

Other

No mention of the queue.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #46
No, you're looking at the File > Preferences menu. You want the main menu at the top:
File Edit View Playback Library Help
Just click (keep queue / keep queue on exit) to toggle on or off.

C.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #47
Ahhh.

Cheers for that.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #48
hey , it is possible to make something like this?

thank you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us