Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559359 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7351
Thank you for the update.

Updated to latest version (foo_ui_columns-1.0.0-beta.1) and it works great. :)
I noticed that the Status Pane changed "Playing:" to "Playing"  (illustrating image included in this post).

Btw, Still holding my hope up for:
Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch between tabs (standard windows behaviour)
to be implemented in a future update (but I am aware that the requests list is not a to-do list).

Reply #7352
Bug report regarding Columns UI 1.00(beta1): You can no longer use the Tab button to move the selection from the playlist tabs to the playlist.

You can however, just like before: use the Tab button to move the selection from the playlist to the playlist tabs.

I did a fresh portable installation of Foobar2000 1.4.1 + foo_ui_columns-0.5.1.fb2k, where I can tab to the playlist tabs and back to the playlist without issues.
Then I did a fresh portable installation of Foobar2000 1.4.1 + foo_ui_columns-0.5.1.fb2k, where I can tab to the playlist tab, but not back to the playlist.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to make a bug report. Also sorry about double post, only made it since it is for another issue)

Reply #7353
So I'm not sure if this is a bug or maybe things just changed in the way it works, I went from  0.5.1 to 1.0.0 beta1 and noticed this new behavior and going back to 0.5.1 fixes it (again not sure if bug).

Anyway I'll try to explain the best I can, clicking on the album cover would always switch to and focus the currently playing song when you were on different playlists, I liked that behavior, now it doesn't do this.

Lets say Daughters - 01. The Virgin is playing https://i.imgur.com/r57XUV3.png and I switch playlists to Jon Hopkins, on 0.5.1 clicking the Daughters cover art https://i.imgur.com/cKpMhcU.png would take me back to the Daughters Playlist and highlight the current track that is playing like the first image shows, with the 1.0.0 beta1 clicking does nothing. Can this be changed back or an option be added to have it act as the old way, or maybe I'm just missing the option somewhere...?

Reply #7354
How to change the grouping artwork from front cover to artist picture?

Reply #7355
Thank you for the update.

Updated to latest version (foo_ui_columns-1.0.0-beta.1) and it works great. :)
I noticed that the Status Pane changed "Playing:" to "Playing"  (illustrating image included in this post).
Good spot – that wasn't intentional, so I'll change it back.

Btw, Still holding my hope up for:
Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch between tabs (standard windows behaviour)
to be implemented in a future update (but I am aware that the requests list is not a to-do list).
Hmm, I had forgotten about that. I've created an issue for it on GitHub, at least.

Bug report regarding Columns UI 1.00(beta1): You can no longer use the Tab button to move the selection from the playlist tabs to the playlist.

You can however, just like before: use the Tab button to move the selection from the playlist to the playlist tabs.
Reproduced, I think it's just lost the tab stop style. (Though isn't Tab going in the wrong direction – even with 0.5.1?)

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or maybe things just changed in the way it works, I went from  0.5.1 to 1.0.0 beta1 and noticed this new behavior and going back to 0.5.1 fixes it (again not sure if bug).

Anyway I'll try to explain the best I can, clicking on the album cover would always switch to and focus the currently playing song when you were on different playlists, I liked that behavior, now it doesn't do this.

Lets say Daughters - 01. The Virgin is playing https://i.imgur.com/r57XUV3.png and I switch playlists to Jon Hopkins, on 0.5.1 clicking the Daughters cover art https://i.imgur.com/cKpMhcU.png would take me back to the Daughters Playlist and highlight the current track that is playing like the first image shows, with the 1.0.0 beta1 clicking does nothing. Can this be changed back or an option be added to have it act as the old way, or maybe I'm just missing the option somewhere...?
Which panel are you are using for artwork/album art? The built-in artwork panel cycles through artwork sources on click (rather than doing anything else).

Reply #7356
Reproduced, I think it's just lost the tab stop style. (Though isn't Tab going in the wrong direction – even with 0.5.1?)
I might have misunderstood your question, but regarding the tab direction:
The tabs go from left to right for me, and the row with the active tab is shown at the bottom (closest to the playlist). So I believe the tabs work as they should in that regard (same for both 1.0.0 beta1 & 0.5.1).

Not 100% sure what you mean with "I think it's just lost the tab stop style".

Reply #7357
I might have misunderstood your question, but regarding the tab direction:
The tabs go from left to right for me, and the row with the active tab is shown at the bottom (closest to the playlist). So I believe the tabs work as they should in that regard (same for both 1.0.0 beta1 & 0.5.1).
I was referring to pressing the Tab key – it certainly goes in reverse order for me in the toolbars. It seems more sensible in the main layout, but there it still gets messed up if you move panels directly in the main window (although I think that can only be done by right-clicking on captions (panel title bars)).

Not 100% sure what you mean with "I think it's just lost the tab stop style".
I was just describing what might be wrong in the code – the OS needs to be told which child windows are tabbable and which aren't (which is what the tab stop style does).

Reply #7358
Which panel are you are using for artwork/album art? The built-in artwork panel cycles through artwork sources on click (rather than doing anything else).
I'm not really sure... I got this skin from somewhere else a long time ago, so someone else made it, if you can tell me what to do I'll find out for you though, all I know is the behavior for it is different between 0.5.1 and 1.0.0 beta1.

Reply #7359
I have somewhat similar behavior switching to columns ui 1.0.0 beta1. Using panelstack and ELplaylist, I created a focus button to bring me back to the playing song when focus is on a different track/playlist. This is the action script:
Code: [Select]
$puts(FOCUS.action,COMMAND:View/Columns playlist/Activate now playing;COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Show now playing;REFRESH)

With the old columns ui focus switched back to the playlist in which the active song is playing (I use autoplaylists exclusively if that matters). With the new beta focus still works but only when I'm in the playlists in which the active song is playing. It doesn't switch to the active playlist anymore.

I'm not using some config found online, I made mine myself.

Reply #7360
Solved it.

I changed the function since it seems the action tree changed a bit. "Activate now playing" is no longer available under "View/ Columns Playlist" but rather it now is View/ Playlist view/ Activate now playing. So this works now:
$puts(FOCUS.action,COMMAND:View/Playlist view/Activate now playing;COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Show now playing;REFRESH)

Reply #7361
@musicmusic: sorry for the off-topic, but you are my last hope:
I'm trying to implement custom drag-n-drop image with IDragSourceHelper2::InitializeFromBitmap(), but no matter what I put in SHDRAGIMAGE.sizeDragImage, the drag image still remains of the same size. I think it's related with the theming, i.e. I have to somehow disable the default drag window style first. Do you by chance have any insight into this?

PS: related file in your code is this one (it uses themed drag image though).

Reply #7362
@musicmusic: sorry for the off-topic, but you are my last hope:
I'm trying to implement custom drag-n-drop image with IDragSourceHelper2::InitializeFromBitmap(), but no matter what I put in SHDRAGIMAGE.sizeDragImage, the drag image still remains of the same size. I think it's related with the theming, i.e. I have to somehow disable the default drag window style first. Do you by chance have any insight into this?

PS: related file in your code is this one (it uses themed drag image though).
Are you setting the UsingDefaultDragImage flag on the data object? That will fix the size of the drag image to the theming drag image size (and yes, all the documentation for this stuff is either poor or non-existent...)

Solved it.

I changed the function since it seems the action tree changed a bit. "Activate now playing" is no longer available under "View/ Columns Playlist" but rather it now is View/ Playlist view/ Activate now playing. So this works now:
$puts(FOCUS.action,COMMAND:View/Playlist view/Activate now playing;COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Show now playing;REFRESH)
Ah, yes, that would explain it. That menu item was moved as Columns playlist was removed.

Reply #7363
Solved it.

Thanks a ton for this! I was able to figure my way to a fix by carefully looking through all that spaghetti code and replace "Columns playlist" to "Playlist view"

Gonna keep this snippet here as a little reference in case something breaks later down the road...

Reply #7364
Are you setting the UsingDefaultDragImage flag on the data object?
That was it! Thanks!

and yes, all the documentation for this stuff is either poor or non-existent...
Yeah... I've tried googling DD_IMAGEBG, but it returned only two relevant pages: MSDN page, that contains no description on this value, and your github page...

Reply #7367
Could you be more specific? The scaling of what?

Reply #7369
Odd, the link (still) works for me.

@Chainyk, if you want to control which panels resize when you resize the main window you can lock the panel or one of its parent splitters. For example, you could lock the vertical splitter on the left-hand side in your screenshot.

As for the toolbars, it's difficult to control them precisely, but the best thing to do is unlock them and (when the window is at full size) resize the toolbars to how you want them (and then lock them again if you wish).

Reply #7371
Custom button icons will only scale if using .ico files (rather than .bmp or .png).

For fonts, if using the defaults (system fonts) then they will scale automatically. Custom fonts don't scale automatically, but I will fix that in a future version. (You can still manually increase the size of your custom fonts.)

Reply #7372
ok, but i have 1080 monitor and 4k tv
waiting for update then

Reply #7373
Columns UI 1.0.0 has been released. As a reminder, this removes Columns playlist and requires Windows 7 SP1 at a minimum. Read the release notes if you are upgrading from v0.5.1 or older.

Album list panel 0.4.0 beta 3 has also been released. This adds the ability to customise selection colours.

Downloads are available from https://yuo.be/columns_ui.

Reply #7374
@musicmusic

Thank you for the new release!

Loading a playlist (.fpl) via foobar2000 or a file manager (File Explorer, Total Commander), the playlist title always is 'New Playlist'. Only when loading a playlist via ColumnsUI's playlist tabs panel, the correct playlist name is shown.

I tried placing different variables into the playlist title formatting field of the 'Playlist switcher' config dialog, tried the same with 'generate playlist names...' in the 'Drag and drop' dialog, but all to no avail. Is there a way to accomplish this?