Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: When Converting Files Using Pipe (Foobar / XMPLay / etc.) (Read 3482 times) previous topic - next topic

When Converting Files Using Pipe (Foobar / XMPLay / etc.)

Back then, I tried to convert files to WavPack using Foobar2000 but I find that files are created while converting then the files disappear after conversion, making Foobar2000 report the conversion as failed.

So I discovered why this happens.

1. I used a custom command line for encoding
2. I didn't use -i
3. I used -v

If you encounter the same problem, just:
1. Use -i
2. Do not use -v

That fixed the problem :D

Just posting in case someone else is having the same problems as me.

Re: When Converting Files Using Pipe (Foobar / XMPLay / etc.)

Reply #1
Thanks for posting this...I remember when you reported that issue and I forgot to follow up on it!

I am aware of the requirement for -i when using pipes, so that is not new. However, the -v issue is new. Perhaps there is a timeout in Foobar that is expiring before the verification is complete (because the verification does not start until all the audio has been sent). Anyway, I will check into that when I get a chance and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again!