Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIO output plugin (Read 106452 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIO output plugin

Reply #1
some rme-users here?

if so, please try the following:

-------------------
-> start playback with foobar (of course with output @ this asio-plugin)

-> open digicheck (@ asio). switch to another function in digicheck ->
soundcrash (looped noise)

important: digicheck has to be closed before starting foobar! with digicheck
running before opening foobar, the problem doesn't occur! and the crash only
happens with digicheck in asio-mode, not with digicheck in mme-mode!
--------------------

100% reproducable here.

rme hdsp9632 with driver 2.82
http://www.rme-audio.com/download/w2dsp282.zip

rme digicheck 4.12
http://www.rme-audio.com/download/digicheck41.zip

edit: problem solved with the latest matrox-drivers (http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=16334). i think the error was caused by the portrait pivot software (http://personalcomputing.portrait.com/us/products/pp_overview.html).

ASIO output plugin

Reply #2
@Dandruff
Code: [Select]
 some rme-users here?

I have been following your exchange with Matthias Carstens in RME newsgroup.  I have had similar problems with foobar/ Otachan's ASIO plugin/Digicheck on Digi96/8, Digi9652, HDSP9636 cards since Digicheck 2.x.  My guess is the problem may be in Otachan's ASIO plugin as other ASIO (Steinberg and Adobe) drivers do not have this problem.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #3
what do you mean with 'similar'? would be nice to read your experiences at the rme-newsgroup!  thanks!

ASIO output plugin

Reply #5
I downloaded this plug in but I can't get it to work, any ideas? 

Thanks
Clint

P.S.  I am new to this forum and new to foobar2000.  Please be patient with the newbie questions.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #6
first give more details what you've tried & what soundcard you have!

ASIO output plugin

Reply #7
Just curious, and it's certainly not the end of the world, but would it be possible to add fading support to the ASIO plugin, like with the directsound 2 output?  Or is there a reason that it wouldn't work?

Thanks!

ASIO output plugin

Reply #8
HartHT,
1. Have you tried with previous versions of ASIO? Maybe your soundcard does not support it. I'm not sure about that point, but when I install the plugin it 'says' it uses the nVIDIA ASIO in the 'Device' infobox onto the ASIO page in preferences, you have similar info?
2. There are different dlls for CPUs with different instructions - normal, SSE, SSE2, if you're not sure about your CPUs instructions, try first with the 'normal'.
3. Go to the Preferences/playback/output data format and try with lower output format, if you have changed it (try for example 16-bit)
good luck!

ASIO output plugin

Reply #9
Just curious, and it's certainly not the end of the world, but would it be possible to add fading support to the ASIO plugin, like with the directsound 2 output?  Or is there a reason that it wouldn't work?

Thanks!

contact the developer: otachan@coral.cypress.ne.jp

ASIO output plugin

Reply #10
Thanks to whoever developed this.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #11
do u know how I can test  if my cpu has sse?
hmmm i found this thing that tests it.. and seems like mine doesnt support it    the thing remember use at own risk!!!!!!!!
well thats what its says, i didnt find anything wrong with it though...

ASIO output plugin

Reply #12
Some glitches with the M-Audio transit. Problem almost goes away when latency is increased to very high in the soundcard options, but not quite. Could be a problem with my equipment.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #13
do u know how I can test  if my cpu has sse?

You can use something like WCPUID or CPU-Z to check which instructions sets your processor supports.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

ASIO output plugin

Reply #14
This works fine with wav sounds at normal latency; problems are with losslessly compressed stuff. (Processor's fast enough btw.) The buffer doesn't seem to make a difference at all. If the buffer's working correctly wav and losslessly compressed stuff should play the same.

PS What's "direct input monitor"?

Thanks!

ASIO output plugin

Reply #15
 It works for me with a Lynx L22.  Finally ASIO for Foobar.  It's about time. 

So, a few questions.  I went into the directory called 'bin' and then a directory called 'normal'.  I put that dll in the foobar components directory and voila. (I describe this for newbies who may be struggling with install.)

What are the other dlls in the bin directory?  Do they have difference sonics, or what?

THANKS to the developers!

ASIO output plugin

Reply #16
What are the other dlls in the bin directory?  Do they have difference sonics, or what?

The one you should install depends on the processor, what version if any of SSE it supports. It should be ok to install normal if you don't know.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #17
It works for me with a Lynx L22.  Finally ASIO for Foobar.  It's about time. 

Glad to hear of Tuckers' success with a Lynx L22-- I just moved to one from an M-Audio 2496 and I can't get Foobar to work with it yet at all!  I have had to resort to my "old" jukebox program in the interim.  Sounds superb there, but I'd *much* rather be back in Foobar.

Installing either the normal or SSE2 version of foo_output_asio(dll).dll  into the components directory causes Foobar to crash/disappear.  Foobar loads up but press a menu item and Poof!  the program disappears.

Take out foo_output_asio(dll).dll from the components directory and all is well again--except I can't seem to get any output to like the Lynx L22 card. 

Is ASIO the only output option within Foobar for a Lynx L22?  DirectSound 2.0 reports back that the "Driver is emulated.  Hardware mixing is not available. and Onboard memory is not available."  To add insult to injury, click on a song and *nothing* happens.

Grrrrrr.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #18
Rexie: please try unchecking "Allow hardware mixing" on the config pane for the DirectSound v2.0 output plugin and try again.. (just a thought)
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #19
Thanks for the advice, ssamahdi97!

The problem has been solved by completely removing and then doing a fresh install of Foobar-- with far fewer 3rd party DLLs.  ASIO works fine now, as does the Lynx L22.  I suspect the problem(s) related to a card change and/or some conflicting DLL's.

Glad to be back in foobar bliss.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #20
Hi,

I have been using ASIO out with RME DIGI 96 PAD for a while now. Tonight, I tried on my brand new Lynx L22 card but could not get it to work under ASIO mode with FOOBAR 2000. I get the error message :

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 797 ms
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://G:\katie melua - call off the search\Track01.wav" (0)
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 16 bits, 2 channels
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 0] : Int32LSB
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 1] : Int32LSB
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : unsupported output data format.

I don't know where I have gone wrong. Please help.

I have removed the DIGI96 driver & associated software from the PC & the sound card has also been removed. I reinstalled FOOBAR2000 again in the hope to straighten up the problem but to no avail. The ASIO out mode has Lynx2 selected as output device (not L22 - not sure why).

I am thinking perhaps my Lynx setting is not proper. I have even done a harware upgrade using the upgrade program from the Lynx site.

I am thinking the next thing may be to reinstall Windows XP again. However, that is the last thing to do.

Thanks.

Regards,
Joe Ling

ASIO output plugin

Reply #21
change output data format to 32bit? (helped me)

ASIO output plugin

Reply #22
Dear Dano,

Man, you saved the day !  I was worried that I have just bought my most expensive sound card only to be defeated by the drivers.

Now to brag a bit :

This sound card resides in a TNN-500A case running Foobar2000 using ASIO. I like this combination !

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Joe Ling

ASIO output plugin

Reply #23
Just tried ASIO output for the first time; it works perfectly so far.
Previously I had a problem with using kernel streaming (I couldn't use any other sound outputs while a track was playing) but with the ASIO output, it works fine.

ASIO output plugin

Reply #24
change output data format to 32bit? (helped me)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229486"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

so where did you change to 32Bit ? do see same problem with my waveterminal card as above and would like to change bit setting to 24 bit as I do see also the problems with output format. Thx..