Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please fix foo_psf.dll (Read 4460 times) previous topic - next topic

Please fix foo_psf.dll

I use the last 2.0.19 version of the Highly Experimental
with .PSF files = no problem
but when I play .minipsf the tempo i too fast,and the problem isn't with their lib files,because i tryed them with the last Winamp PSF plugin,and everything is OK there!
So please recompile that version for Foobar2000.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #1
I cannot reproduce your issue, my PSF and MINIPSF files all play at the correct tempo. Post a link to a rip which does not and I'll look into the issue.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #3
I'm having the same problem with a rip of Crash Bandicoot 2. I have no idea if it runs better in other players, but I have become almost dependent on foobar2000 so to find a new player would handicap me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1274793/CrashBandicoot2_psf.zip

I would be thankful if you could take a look at this!

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #4
Yes,that is the rip that i have too.With Crash Bandicoot 3 - same problem : http://www.zophar.net/download_file/18078
because it's .MINIPSF again.
Crash bandicoot 1 plays normaly because there are .PSF files.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #5
And another thing...
I can play .PSF files with foobar2000 well,but in Winamp sounds better,with more bass,just like it's in the game!
.PSF plays with normal tempo in foobar2000,but something isn't completely right!
for example: Crash Bandicoot 1 http://www.zophar.net/download_file/19016
play it with both players and see what I mean...
the difference it's audible on every song ,but i hear it most on the beginning of the 003 track.
The plugin for winamp is perfect in the current state,just needs version for foobar2000!

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #6
The emulator core is identical, with the addition of changes to implement missing functionality which are probably not used by any known rips.

The only exception is that I use my own PSF loader to shove the PSFs into the emulator.

I have not only fixed support for _refresh tags in PSFLIB files, but also implemented _refresh tag support in the UPSE input as well, so now they both support these bloody PAL rips properly.

As for your bass response, I can't hear any difference. Make sure you haven't turned off the "Simulate frequency response" feature. (Of course, I'm comparing with XMPlay, not Winamp, but the component is the same. The only difference is that XMPlay is probably playing the files a lot quieter than Winamp is by default. If I'm going to install Winamp, it will be inside a VM, because I don't want to infect my primary operating system with that mess.)

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #7
I have not only fixed support for _refresh tags in PSFLIB files, but also implemented _refresh tag support in the UPSE input as well, so now they both support these bloody PAL rips properly.

Was it only a tag issue? 
I'm surprised you solved the issue so easily, kode! Thanks for fixing it!

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #8
UPSE read the tags from the top level file, and not the psflibs, just like foo_psf did, but it didn't actually do anything with the values. I changed the emulated timer component to support configurable refresh rate and adjusted the PSF1 loader to use it, and also apply the values from PSFLIB tags. (But not actually accumulate those values into the file info read for the player. Otherwise, all the tags would accumulate and get written out to the main minipsf on any tag update operation.)

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #9
Thank you so much!I now use only,foo_psf.dll , tempo is OK ,and the frequency responce is just like in the winamp plugin (just like in the game).
So that's what I need.I tried with foo_psf.dll , foo_input_upse.dll(more thin)  individualy and then both together,and the best variant for me is only with foo_psf.dll.Thank You!

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #10
Both together is unpredictable, since they don't negotiate over which will get to handle the file. If both components are present, which one handles the file is randomized every program start.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #11
My problems was gone with Version 2.0.20
I see that you have written even a newer version and I just want to report you,that with Version 2.0.22 the problem with the tempo appears again!
I have no problem stain with 2.0.20 ,but you just need to look that next time you debug it.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #12
[PSF] Mark Mothersbaugh, Josh Mancell - [Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back] Jetski (0:15/3:31)

Sounds fine to me, using foo_psf.dll version 2.0.22. The only changes I made affect loading tags from files for the player, not actual playback.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #13
Try Crash Bandicoot 3

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #14
Same, sounds identical to in_psf.dll.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #15
goota be some temp bug,because now it's ok,sorry for that,but that really happen,but now it's OK,i don't know what cause it!

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #16
Do you have multiple copies of the component installed, or an old copy of foo_input_upse installed? The component service list order is randomized every startup, so if you have two PSF inputs installed, you may get a different one every time you start the program.

Please fix foo_psf.dll

Reply #17
no,i don't.i have removed foo_input_upse.dll since you publish 2.0.20 of foo_psf.dll.And now i have only foo_psf.dll 2.0.22 in the components folder.I can't explain it,but let it go,i tried so many times now and the plugin is working great!