Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559698 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6850
marc and solynth, thanks so much!!!!!!

Columns UI

Reply #6851
Has musicmusic's home page been hacked?

Clicking on the WIKI link on the top of the page you'll see an advertising post.

Columns UI's documentation is still available though.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Columns UI

Reply #6853
Thank you for the link and your investigation, lvqcl.

In the meantime I have downloaded all CUI related current files from the CUI subpage, they are bit-identical to those I downloaded in 2011, so the site's manipulation seems indeed to be restricted to that one I complained about; at first I had feared they could have been replaced with malicious ones by this f*** criminals.

Columns UI

Reply #6854
Hi,

In standard windows text boxes, Ctrl+Backspace deletes the entire last word to the left of the cursor. It's counterpart is Ctrl+Delete which deletes the entire word to the right of the cursor. Currently, pressing Ctrl+Backspace inserts a square, or non alphabet ASCII character, and Ctrl+Delete deletes everything to the right of the cursor. Is it possible for this functionality to be brought in line with the standard Windows functionality in a future release. This would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and I hope you'll consider adding this functionality in a future version.

sabrehagen

Columns UI

Reply #6855
as this thread is called '[seemingly abandonware] Columns UI', i wouldn't get my hopes up when posting feature requests...

Columns UI

Reply #6856
even the word "seemingly" is a tad over-optimistic given how long it's been since we've seen the developer.

Columns UI

Reply #6857
Does the default UI provide something that Columns UI doesn't that might be useful enough to move?

Took a look, but I found the layout editing mode unusable. Couldn't add panels or move them, I only could change them into different ones. Isn't there something like columns UI-s layout editing?

Can CUI panels be wrapped? Didn't find anything, so I don't have high hopes. A few panels probably don't work on DUI. (quicksearch)

Columns UI

Reply #6858
you can move panels by right clicking them and using cut to place them on the clipboard. then add a splitter in the blank space. that leaves space for 2 panels - the one on the clipboard (right click>paste) and a new one. rinse and repeat until you have the layout you want. you can even use view>layout>create scratchbox as a temporary dumping ground for panels that you can cut/paste back in later. note you can cut/copy/paste containers such as tabs/splitters and not just panels.

i find it far easier and more intuitive than columns - and i used columns for years before switching to default UI.

and foo_quicksearch supports default UI: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_quicksearch

Columns UI

Reply #6859
Can CUI panels be wrapped? Didn't find anything, so I don't have high hopes. A few panels probably don't work on DUI. (quicksearch)

Right, most components that work in CUI are not compatible with DUI. (Quicksearch is actually one of the exceptions) The only wrapper I know of is foo_popup_panels. But the panels can't actually be added into the main layout window. As the name suggests, they exist only in pop-up windows (which can be called by hotkeys or buttons).

Columns UI

Reply #6860
As a developer, targetting both isn't that painful. If you start from scratch, it's somewhat easier to target DUI than CUI, due to not needing to hunt down and patch the columns_ui-sdk.

In my dual-UI foo_wave_seekbar, there's 350-some lines for element creation, color change handling and configuration persistence, roughly half per UI component. The biggest hurdle for making dual-UI elements is being arsed to test it in both UIs, particularly when you don't actively use one of them.

For reference, all the stuff that differs between the CUI and DUI bits of foo_wave_seekbar:
SeekbarCui.cc SeekbarCui.h
SeekbarDui.cc SeekbarDui.h
Stay sane, exile.

Columns UI

Reply #6862
Item Details, part of Columns UI, seems to be broken for oversized metadata in foobar2000 1.3 beta 1.
foobar2000 v1.3 beta 1, BBC podcast In our time, episode Exoplanets (3 Oct 13), original content of the comment-field:

Exoplanets are planets beyond our solar system. Astronomers have speculated about their existence for centuries, but it was not until the 1990s that instruments became sophisticated enough to detect such remote objects. Since then, more than 900 exoplanets have been discovered, and scientists are now able to reach increasingly sophisticated conclusions about what they look like - and whether they might be able to support life. Melvyn Bragg is joined by Carolin Crawford, Gresham Professor of Astronomy and a member of the Institute of Astronomy at the University of Cambridge; Don Pollacco,
Professor of Astronomy at the University of Warwick and Suzanne Aigrain, Lecturer in Astrophysics at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of All Souls College.
CUI Item detail panel [%comment%] shows nothing.

Exoplanets are planets beyond our solar system. Astronomers have speculated about their existence for centuries, but it was not until the 1990s that instruments became sophisticated enough to detect such remote objects. Since then, more than 900 exoplanets have been discovered, and scientists are now able to reach increasingly sophisticated conclusions about what they look like - and whether they might be able to support life. Melvyn Bragg is joined by Carolin Crawford, Gresham Professor of Astronomy and a member of the Institute of Astronomy at the University of Cambridge; Don Pollacco,
Professor of Astronomy at the University of Warwick and Suzanne Aigrain, Lecturer in Astrophysics at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of All Souls College.
Crossed out text = this text has to be deleted at least in order to get a comment shown. The remaining text = 300 bytes.

Don't know how to handle that situation sensibly.

Columns UI

Reply #6863
Addition:

I've just read marc2003's comment here:

In my test environment the track was selected, not playing.

Columns UI

Reply #6864
Hi
I'd like to add a column in Columns UI that show the date added of the album I am playing... I mean the date the files were added to foobar not the date of the files, ok? are different things.
So what command should I type to create a simple script for a column in columns ui showing the date added feaure for the album I am playing?
Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6866
Since Columns UI seems to not be actively developed anymore, I finally decided to move to the default UI. Just wanted to say thanks for all the years together - I think I've started using Columns UI in 2005 with the Navigator-Suite. It was a good time.

Columns UI

Reply #6867
you can use %added% but only if you playback statistics (foo_playcount) installed.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

Hello, I have foo playcount installed, but when I add a column and I type [%added%] what I get is a simple N/A and I don't see any date.
I'd like to show the date the album as drag and dropped from the hard disk folder to the foobar playlist
could you please, give me a simple line of script doing this? so I would copy and paste it directly in my column's script?
thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6868
what you have is the correct code but it only works for tracks monitored as part of the library.

Columns UI

Reply #6869
what you have is the correct code but it only works for tracks monitored as part of the library.

Yes, but how do I correct the code? can you put me please, a simple line of script showing me the corrected code?

Columns UI

Reply #6870
i don't know whether to  or 

Columns UI

Reply #6871

Yes, but how do I correct the code? can you put me please, a simple line of script showing me the corrected code?

The code is correct (right) already. You do not need to correct (change) it.

All you need to do is to ensure that your tracks are in places monitored by the media library.
Stay sane, exile.

Columns UI

Reply #6872
Hey guys  I just made this account so I could ask this question: I just installed this, and my "Playing" column is gone. I'm using the "Playlist + Tabs" theme.. I had the Default foobar until just now. Before, I had that little triangle to the left of the track title. The number that appeared as I added a song to my queue is also gone. Can somebody please help me get those two things back, still using columns UI?

Columns UI

Reply #6873
I'm a new user of Columns UI. Really nice work. But .. I found two issues related to the "Status pane" component:

1. The text color is hard coded on black, it doesn't follow the system color.
2. How do I remove the volume control?

Columns UI

Reply #6874
1) the text on the left hand side is defined by your windows theme. all the text that comes just to the right of Playing: can be customised to any colour using the $rgb function. look at file>preferences>display>columns UI>status bar>title format script.

2) not possible.