Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Suggestion for some report output boxes (Read 845 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion for some report output boxes

Since @Peter already is working too much with other requests :-o

Here is a screenshot with some output boxes. I included from foo_verifier since it is by Peter, and for completeness also the AR verification output, though I only have a very small remark on that.

• File operation output and Converter output: As a playlist. Configurable columns. Can sort by columns. Track can be selected and played. Infomation can be copied.
    Good!
  • RG output. No nothing. Cannot sort, cannot select, cannot view Properties nor even filenames, cannot copy content.
  • AR verification. I don't see much room for improvement, except either a copy-to-clipboard or a Ctrl-a for "select all", as Ctrl-c works.
  • Integrity verification. That's in between RG and the others. They are not as playlists (hence I cannot choose to view path/filename), but in the very least I can select, view properties, ... - and, I can export the result.
    Annoyances:
    - If there are problems, I need to export to file to get them summarized. Otherwise I have to scroll. What about a "view suspicious"? What about a sort by status?
    - Always opens with same column size. Meaning, I always get "Decoded with minor problems" truncated to "Decoded with minor pr...", and that the information in "Reported length is ina..." is always hidden.
    - ... and I always want to read that "Reported length" thing, because a large discrepancy is a sign of something terribly wrong, but one within a second or so is "just normal" for mp3s. What about a "Inaccuracy (small) in reported length:" vs "Inaccuracy (BIG!) in reported length:"?
    - Cannot see paths without selecting each track, as said. What about "playlist-type" configurable columns to the right of the "verifier" columns?

Re: Suggestion for some report output boxes

Reply #1

• RG output. No nothing. Cannot sort, cannot select, cannot view Properties nor even filenames, cannot copy content.

Nice suggestions. Configurable RG output box would be very useful, in my opinion.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Re: Suggestion for some report output boxes

Reply #2
Thanks for pointing these out. As you might have noticed I'm cleaning up various listboxes across the whole app. I'll keep this in mind for the next major update. RG and Verifier dialogs are definitely candidates for full rewriting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.