Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kruder Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions (Read 4200 times) previous topic - next topic

Kruder Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions

Does anybody have any info on the 5 x vinyl reissue of this compi? Particularly, how is the remaster, dynamic-range wise and otherwise? (There's a 24-bit res download included, the remastering was done by Bernie Grundman.) Do the digital tracks exactly match what's on the vinyl?

I own the original 4 x vinyl from 1998 but it's totally worn down. I always preferred the vinyl over the 2 x CD as you got full-length and unmixed tracks (well, actually a few tracks on the vinyl are segued). I know that the late 2014 digital re-issue (available at Beatport and such) matches what was on the 2 x CD from 1998. So it doesn't contain the full-length versions from the 1998 4 x vinyl.

Now, it appears the 2015 5 x vinyl re-issue matches what was on the 1998 4 x vinyl, except that a bonus track is thrown in. Sorry if this post was a bit confusing. Let me try to be concise:

- I am contemplating purchasing the remastered re-issue on vinyl, mainly for the included download card and for the resale value of the vinyl.
- Does the included free download match what's on the vinyl release (or does it match what's on the 2 x CD release instead)?
- What do you think of the remaster?