Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ATH-M30 or Sony MDR-V6 / Which headphones are better? (Read 2952 times) previous topic - next topic

ATH-M30 or Sony MDR-V6 / Which headphones are better?

I already own ATH-M30's and their frequency range is 20-20,000 Hz. Its been a while so im starting to look for new ones and i came across the sony ones. The MDR-V6's range is 5 Hz - 30 kHz. Is it really worth the upgrade?

Reply #1
You can't go by the frequency specs to say a headphone is better than another. Two pairs with the exact same specs can sound completely different.
Look up reviews for the product, see what other people thought of it, then you can decide for yourself

Reply #2
I already own ATH-M30's and their frequency range is 20-20,000 Hz. Its been a while so im starting to look for new ones and i came across the sony ones. The MDR-V6's range is 5 Hz - 30 kHz. Is it really worth the upgrade?

Just so you know those numbers are literally meaningless.

Reply #3
Listen to the Sonys and see if you like them. Its that simple. While flat response is desireable in amps and dacs, speakers and headphones are the final step in delivering the sound to your ears. Even the flattest speakers arent flat. This whole "as the artist intended" thing is nonsense. Take your favorite bass music artist for example. if he/she mixed with as much bottom end grunt as they desired you to hear, it would be unplayable on modest equipment like earbuds or car speakers. Also without the actual visual cues of the artist in front of you the brain requires a little more stimulation for the music to be immersive so a little extra bass or dip in the midrange isnt undesireable.