Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC doesn't see my drive? (Read 5305 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC doesn't see my drive?

i just installed winxp and eac doesn't see my liteon 52246S...  i have adaptec's lastest ASPI drivers installed, and the drive upgraded to the latest firmware...    it sees my scsi pioneer dvd drive...   

any ideas?

i tried .94 which worked fine in win2k, and i tryed the .95 betas (which also worked fine in win2k)...

Reply #1
for me it always worked switching to native aspi mode in eac settings... then restarting and both drives were there...

afterwards i could switch back to adaptec drivers...

Reply #2
yeah, i got it... its an aspi driver problem...  i shouldn't searched a lil' more before i posted...

Reply #3
Lately EAC tends to be unable to see my Plextor...
This happens when I insert a cd before starting EAC. If I
do it the other way around, there's no problem...
Strange thing is that at the same time, foobar2000 is also
unable to detect the drive.
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #4
i'm using nero's latest wnaspi32.dll

( ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll )

just throw it in your windows/system32 and everything works fine.

Reply #5
or just put it into your EAC folder.  Lots of threads here on this already, find those and get the whole story.

Reply #6
I know some people use Nero's wnaspi32.dll without any problems. I haven't tried it so I cannot say if it's good (but I know some people who think it is buggy    ).

I prefer using the latest Adaptec's ASPI layer and the reg fix called aspifix.

cya

Reply #7
I know no one who thinks it is buggy.  Not a good idea to comment on stuff you don't really know about.

The the people who recommend ForceASPI are the worst offenders.

Start with the Nero ASPI layer.  See this link

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=ST&f=20&t=6419

Note the download links added further down the thread.

Reply #8
Well, I do know people who say it's buggy but if it works for you, that's ok. I was just suggesting an alternative.

It's true that there are a lot of people recommending ForceASPI. I don't, 'cause it's based on an old Adaptec ASPI 4.60 (or 4.61?) version.

cya

Reply #9

It doesn't for some reason. Maybe the ASPI layer can be accessed by only 1 program at a time. But I don't think it's a bug.

Reply #10

It doesn't for some reason. Maybe the ASPI layer can be accessed by only 1 program at a time. But I don't think it's a bug.

If the ASPI is installed in the windows\system or winnt\system32 folder, all programs can use it and access it.  However, if it's in the EAC folder,  other programs won't see it unless that folder is in the Path, or you put a copy into the other program folder too.

Also, there's more to ASPI than just that 1 file.  I'm not particularly suggesting using that as your system level ASPI. 

I have Adaptec's latest ASPI installed at the system level and Nero ASPI in the EAC program file on Win2k.  EAC seems particularly fond of the Nero ASPI

See the other HA thread for more.