Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Yet Another ID3v2 Incompatibility Thread (Read 1660 times) previous topic - next topic

Yet Another ID3v2 Incompatibility Thread

Hi,

I usually adding my MP3 with ID3v2 album cover by Tag&Rename 3.2, but after upgraded from b13 to RC(24-02-2006) seems there will have some tag corrupts...

Firstly, I always convert mp3 by following steps (0.8.3 to 0.9b13 I always using this method):
1. Convert from CDDA to 192k MP3
2. Use Tag&rename to include the cover into the mp3. (only insert image, without any editing)
3. use foobar2000 and reload the new tags from files.
4. add tags.

my problem was occured on step 2 to 4,

step 2, Tag&rename read COMMENT and ENCODEDBY as none, and sometimes cannot read YEAR too.

step 3, after added a COVER into mp3 by Tag&Rename, the ENCODEDBY tag will be doubled with "\"+return.

step 4, after edited and fixed the tags problems by foobar2000, Tag&Rename still cannot read the COMMENT tags, and COVER seems removed by foobar2000...

not sure its foobar2000 or Tag&Rename's problem. but return to use b13, it works fine again.

(I didn't have b14 for test)

I'm still using RC, but only for convert only...
the final tags editing, I choose MP3 Book Helper for instead in this moment... tags are works well on both software...