Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols) (Read 202910 times) previous topic - next topic

Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols)

Reply #25
Hi, I noticed that the version information in foobar2000 was corrupt in the 9 april dll.

Thanks for the notice. Problem fixed.

Reply #26
v0.5.10.0 is now available.

All langages are now integrated in the same library and selectable in component options. The component file is thus slightly bigger (260kb instead of 220kb...) but we have to maintain only one package instead of 20.

Available languages in this version:
  • English
  • Français (French)
  • Deutsch (German)
  • Español (Spanish)
  • Italiano (Italian)
  • 简体字 (Simplified Chinese)
  • Русская (Russian)
  • Cesky (Czech)
  • Dansk (Danish)
  • Eesti keel (Estonian)
  • Ρωμαίικα (Greek)
  • македонски (Macedonian)
  • Magyar (Hungarian)
  • Nederlands (Dutch)
  • Polski (Polish)
  • Português do Brasil (Portuguese)
  • Romana (Romanian)
  • Slovenčina (Slovak)
  • Svenska (Swedish)
  • Türkçe (Turkish)

Release notes:
- Auto-pause on screensaver restarts (stop + play) music streaming instead of pausing (pause + play) it.
- Merged all languages in a single component file.

http://www.niversoft.com/products/fac (official page)
or
http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/show.php?id=138

Reply #27
I have noticed a bug. When I hover the mouse over the controls, an info balloon pops up with the Artist and Title. However, it always shows the artist and title for the previous track, not the current one.

Reply #28
I have noticed a bug. When I hover the mouse over the controls, an info balloon pops up with the Artist and Title. However, it always shows the artist and title for the previous track, not the current one.

Bug confirmed, thanks for the report. We will fix that asap.

Reply #29

Bug confirmed, thanks for the report. We will fix that asap.

Hello.

We updated the plugin with the latest foobar2000 SDK and the problem apparently went away. No change in the plugin code.

v0.5.10.2 is now available.

Release notes:
- Updated with the latest Foobar2000 SDK

or

Reply #30
Is this plugin another casualty of the API change of version 0.9.5.3? It doesn't seem to load up at all. It's acting like a "Banned" plugin, although it is not listed as such.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #31
Is this plugin another casualty of the API change of version 0.9.5.3? It doesn't seem to load up at all. It's acting like a "Banned" plugin, although it is not listed as such.

Hello.

On my test systems, it runs well with both v0.9.5.2 and 0.9.5.3 beta 1.
Regards.

Reply #32
I see that the latest version now needs to be in the 'components" folder, instead of the root folder at least with version 0.9.5.3b1.
Surf's Up!

Reply #33
I see that the latest version now needs to be in the 'components" folder, instead of the root folder at least with version 0.9.5.3b1.

The plugin always had to be installed in the components folder. Maybe installing it in foobar root worked in previous version, but this is not supported.

Reply #34
Your zip file path has a blank path for dll & text files, while everything else has path folders. Since the path is blank, the dll & 2 txt files installs into the foobar2000 root directory. You may want to add "component" to the path for those 3 files. Thank you for the prompt help replies.
Surf's Up!

Reply #35
Your zip file path has a blank path for dll & text files, while everything else has path folders. Since the path is blank, the dll & 2 txt files installs into the foobar2000 root directory. You may want to add "component" to the path for those 3 files. Thank you for the prompt help replies.

All components available on http://foobar2000.org/components/index.html are provided without the "component" path in the zip file. You are expected to unpack these zip files in the component subfolder, I don't see why Advanced Controls should be different?

Reply #36
Whatever!
Surf's Up!

Reply #37
Hello,

A bug which exist since a long time :

Neustradamus

Reply #38
This happens when another software inserts its icon at the same time foo_advancedcontrols inserts its two. There is no way to completely prevent that to happen.

When this happens, you can either close and reopen foobar2000, or select "Configuration" / "Reset Tray Icons" in the foo_advancedcontrols right-click menu.

N.

Hello,

A bug which exist since a long time :

Neustradamus

Reply #39
it is bad  You really can't merge icon ?

Reply #40
No. Windows explorer supports only 16x16 icons. foo_advancedcontrols uses two icons wide, and the call to display an icon must be done once for each icon. While this doesn't happen often, there is always the possibility of another software inserting its icon at the same time, and Explorer displays the other software's icon between foo_advancedcontrols icons.

Most of the time the two foo_advancedcontrols icons are placed together. If it isn't the case on your system, there might be something else causing that - maybe your taskbar is on two or more rows?

it is bad  You really can't merge icon ?

Reply #41
Hi!

Thanks for this handy little control panel!

A couple of remarks:

1. Bug: In Preferences, select any foreign language (I selected French) and save.  It is not possible any more to go back to English.  (Selecting another foreign language works.)

2. Not really a bug: When selecting a skin saved on disc, F2K must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

3. When hovering the mouse pointer over an icon, no tooltip is displayed.  Is the "Title" field in Preferences intended to define the content of the tooltip?  It doesn't work for me, no matter what I type in the field.  (The balloon appearing when a new track begins to play works fine.)

4. Suggestion: Add a configurable balloon duration in Preferences.  Currently, it is way too short for me.

5. Question: Is it possible to remove completely the original F2K icon from the tray?  It is now useless.

Merci beaucoup! 

Reply #42
Hello.

1. Fixed for next release. Stay tuned.

2. I'm not able to reproduce this problem.

3. There is a tooltip. Sometimes tooltips of the taskbar are being displayed _behind_ the taskbar, that's a long-known Explorer bug. When this happens, one of the workarounds is to open the start menu, all programs, right-click on any of them and click "sort by name". Tooltips will then be shown in front.

4. The balloon display is currently fixed at 4 seconds. I'm not sure we want to add a preference field for that. EDIT: You're lucky, the option has been implemented

5. Foobar does not provide us with a way to remove its icon from the tray, but there is perhaps a possible hack. I will see what we can do. EDIT: You're lucky again 

N.

Hi!

Thanks for this handy little control panel!

A couple of remarks:

1. Bug: In Preferences, select any foreign language (I selected French) and save.  It is not possible any more to go back to English.  (Selecting another foreign language works.)

2. Not really a bug: When selecting a skin saved on disc, F2K must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

3. When hovering the mouse pointer over an icon, no tooltip is displayed.  Is the "Title" field in Preferences intended to define the content of the tooltip?  It doesn't work for me, no matter what I type in the field.  (The balloon appearing when a new track begins to play works fine.)

4. Suggestion: Add a configurable balloon duration in Preferences.  Currently, it is way too short for me.

5. Question: Is it possible to remove completely the original F2K icon from the tray?  It is now useless.

Merci beaucoup! 

Reply #43
v0.5.11.0 is now available.

We moved things around in the preferences pane to make some place for two new options (thanks r0lZ and others for the ideas/requests).

The Volume/Seek option has been removed from the preferences as it is already available in the tray icon context menu and the Foobar2000 main menu.

- New option: Hide the Foobar2000 notification icon. The SDK doesn't provide this option to component, we had to find another way. There's no guarantee a future version of Foobar2000 will not break this feature. This feature will work only on Windows XP and further versions.

- New option: Balloon hide delay, default 4 seconds, can be increased up to 10 seconds.

We also updated the the component to use the latest SDK.

or

Reply #44
Thanks for keeping this handy toy up-to-date.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #45
v0.5.11.1 is now available.

We have been requested to remove the "Hide Icon" feature as it's possibly against the Foobar2000 SDK terms.

In the latest version of Foobar2000 there is already an option to do so, in the user interface components (colums ui and default ui). Check your Default UI settings.

v0.5.11.0 is now available.

We moved things around in the preferences pane to make some place for two new options (thanks r0lZ and others for the ideas/requests).

The Volume/Seek option has been removed from the preferences as it is already available in the tray icon context menu and the Foobar2000 main menu.

- New option: Hide the Foobar2000 notification icon. The SDK doesn't provide this option to component, we had to find another way. There's no guarantee a future version of Foobar2000 will not break this feature. This feature will work only on Windows XP and further versions.

- New option: Balloon hide delay, default 4 seconds, can be increased up to 10 seconds.

We also updated the the component to use the latest SDK.

or

Reply #46
Hi, thanks for a great plug in

For some reason in the FORMAT box  %length% works fine but %playback_time% returns a question mark ?, is this a bug?

Reply #47

For some reason in the FORMAT box  %length% works fine but %playback_time% returns a question mark ?, is this a bug?

Try %length%. 
%playback_time% is the current playback position and is not available for a static display such as the pop-up balloon.

Reply #48

Try %length%. 
%playback_time% is the current playback position and is not available for a static display such as the pop-up balloon.

As I said %length% is working fine but I wanted to be able to show the elapsed time too to replicate the display on the status bar which I have hidden. That's a shame, no way to show a changing display then?

Reply #49

Try %length%. 

As I said %length% is working fine but I wanted to be able to show the elapsed time too to replicate the display on the status bar which I have hidden. That's a shame, no way to show a changing display then?

Sorry, balloons are static.