Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols) (Read 202889 times) previous topic - next topic

Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols)

Reply #200
Time for me to re-test everything on a clean Win7 machine...

- Installed freshly downloaded Foobar2000 v1.2. Closed FB2k.
- Downloaded foo_AdvancedControls.fb2k-component from http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/...dvancedcontrols and double-clicked it. FB2k installs it. Clicked Apply
- Dismissed the FB2k first startup message (that I should probably rewrite and simplify now that Win7 is a lot more mainstream than mid-2011...)
- The two icons are hidden in the overflow area, so I move them in position and bingo.

What you can do now:
- open the Start menu and type %appdata% in the search box. You will likely see the "Roaming" folder appear. Open it. You should see a lot of folders, including one named "foobar2000". Open it, then user-components, then foo_AdvancedControls. There should be a foo_AdvancedControls.dll file in that last directory, as well as two text files and another subdirectory.

If everything is OK, there may be something missing in your system, but I have no idea what (yet), the plugin is not (supposed to be) dependency-hungry. I can try a few more diagnostics with you if you want, but they involve more advanced steps such as installing third-party diagnostic software. PM me if you're interested.

NH

Im working with that problem for a week now.. I've installed the component by copying the dll file and by using fb2k-component file many times. Also restarted the system few times and reinstalled Foobar2000. Its not a critical plugin for me but Im used to it    Just thought someone had similar problem so I wrote on this forum. Any info where to look in registry, Windows and Foobar configuration would be nice

Reply #201
Ok, I finally see the icons. But.. I chose portable installation.

Now I deleted foobar portable directory, installed Standard foobar with Advanced Controls and icons dont appear..
I got C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components\foo_AdvancedControls directory with the files and subdirectory You wrote

Reply #202
If you saw the icons in portable installation, at least now we know nothing is missing on your computer.

Looks like Foobar2000 is not loading the components from the correct location or something like that. Foobar2000 is responsible of installing the components and loading them afterwards. Did you try other third-party components available as a fb2k-component file on foobar2000.org? Are they loading correctly?

Ok, I finally see the icons. But.. I chose portable installation.

Now I deleted foobar portable directory, installed Standard foobar and Advanced Controls icons dont appear..
I got C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components\foo_AdvancedControls directory with the files and subdirectory You wrote

Reply #203
Im using some plugins (like Lyric Show Panel 3) but they are not fb2k-component. Do You have an example of fb2k-component that will be showed just after installation? So we can tell fast if it works.

Reply #204
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/by+date will list the components by release date, latest first. Several of the first-listed components are packaged as fb2k-component. Pick the one(s) you want

NH

Im using some plugins (like Lyric Show Panel 3) but they are not fb2k-component. Do You have an example of fb2k-component that will be showed just after installation? So we can tell fast if it works.

Reply #205
So I draw "Decoding Speed Test" fb2k-component ^^ And I see new position in right-click menu: Utilites -> Decoding speed test, the component works fine.

Reply #206
Well, to be honest, I have absolutely no idea why foo_advancedcontrols fails to start on this machine.

As it works in portable installation, maybe you can use that installation type.

Sorry. If I find something I will let you know. Anybody having an idea is welcome to contribute.

So I draw "Decoding Speed Test" fb2k-component ^^ And I see new position in right-click menu: Utilites -> Decoding speed test, the component works fine.

Reply #207
I wish we could have by default in foobar systray icon some basic features like volume control without the need to rely on such third party plugin. Vol+ Vol- and Mute would do it, Mute / Unmute is a must have.

I know I can use some global hotkeys but 'global' is where the problem lies, hence the need of a quick way to Mute / Unmute the player without a hotkey. Like many other players do.

Reply #208
I wish we could have by default in foobar systray icon some basic features like volume control without the need to rely on such third party plugin. Vol+ Vol- and Mute would do it, Mute / Unmute is a must have.

I know I can use some global hotkeys but 'global' is where the problem lies, hence the need of a quick way to Mute / Unmute the player without a hotkey. Like many other players do.

If you want feature without relying on a third-party plugin, a third-party plugin forum thread like this one may not be the best place where to ask for it 

I think a global hotkey is a quicker method to access such functions than relying on a mouse. If you have problems finding a hotkey that doesn't get in the way of other software, remember Foobar2000 has the ability to create global hotkeys with Win+key combination, so you're surely find something that isn't used anywhere else. Personally I used Ctrl+Win+Up/Down to control volume for a long time.

You could also purchase a keyboard with media keys built-in, at least vol up/down and mute.

Reply #209
AC work if have a line in systray.
If i double systray high it not click.
Do it possible to solve?

Re: Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols)

Reply #210
Huge respect for this wonderful contribution of yours! Now 2022 :D whilst mainstream goes all-mobile listening the cloud with a new device each season skipped more rapidly, that tiny component is unabatedly relevant. Some may consider outdated or even beneath notice at all, yet still this work is simply excellant, and so are you. Please keep providing it. Thanks