Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: imagebutton in SCPL, in per track item - HELP (Read 2140 times) previous topic - next topic

imagebutton in SCPL, in per track item - HELP

Ive been working on the FooTunes config, originally written by October, who did a good job of getting the iTunes look.

FooTunes config forum is here:
FooTunes

Now, I made a lot of changes to the config to make it even more like iTunes. At the moment im stuck on one of  iTunes features that I also want to implement. Which is activating/inactivating tracks from within the single column playlist (SCPL).

The idea is to have a togable imagebutton on each track item. when you click on this button, it should toggle the track to be active or inactive using the foo_skip plugin which will skip tracks that are tagged inactive.

Here is the proble:

1. There is no SCPL function that allows having buttons in the track list.
2. Panels UI's imagebutton can not be applied in SCPL

I was hopping that someone has used some sort of an image button in SCPL before, and maybe help me on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have an idea?
A teacher is a student in denial.

Reply #1
I like the idea, but like you said yourself, you can't use buttons in SCPL. It may work if you had a button outside of the playlist that would tag a file with "inactive" metadata, and then foo_skip could skip any file that has the metadata tag of "inactive". Thats the only solution I could think of. I don't even know if thats possible as I have never used foo_skip before.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Reply #2
I like the idea, but like you said yourself, you can't use buttons in SCPL. It may work if you had a button outside of the playlist that would tag a file with "inactive" metadata, and then foo_skip could skip any file that has the metadata tag of "inactive". Thats the only solution I could think of. I don't even know if thats possible as I have never used foo_skip before.

Yeh, its a good idea. Its a pity you also dont have an idea of how it could be done.

Hopefully someone has an idea. Anyone?!!!!!
A teacher is a student in denial.