Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cue problem (Read 2159 times) previous topic - next topic

cue problem

I've got a lot of cue files where the file has the wrong format for example Image.flac"WAVE and not Image.ape.  Is there a tool which automatically checks, if the extension is right or wrong  - perhaps by trying to open the cue - and corrects it then to the right extension...
would be much appreciated, especially for the database search.
Thanks in advance!

cue problem

Reply #1
Erm... Like i posted in another thread... This tool might work for you (probably is almost perfect for your case)

http://www.emurasoft.com/replall

Just put .flac  as search string,  .ape as replace text and search for all .cue files in the directory of your music.

cue problem

Reply #2
Thank you, I've done such with Notepad++ but my problem is, that my music collection is REALLY big and i don't know exactly, where what is wrong, i.e it may be in one case .wav and .flac would be correct  or in another case .ape and .flac would be correct and so on.
It must be a tool which detects what would be correct. It has to check the extension of the certain file (that would be the problem, because it does not know the correct file name because of the wrong extension!) and write the correct ext. into the cue file.
Thx for any help or suggestions!