Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can a 44100 hz audio replace a 48000 hz audio on a video? (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

Can a 44100 hz audio replace a 48000 hz audio on a video?

Or do I need to convert the 44100 to 48000 so that it does not loose sync? And if so, why is this? Isn't seconds always seconds? Thanks.

Re: Can a 44100 hz audio replace a 48000 hz audio on a video?

Reply #1
yes

So, resampling the 48 file to 44.1 will be fine. I've done it and all ok.

Reply #2
So, resampling the 48 file to 44.1 will be fine. I've done it and all ok.
But is it required? and if yes, what is the explanation as I cannot get the why.

Reply #3
In answer to the question, assuming the duration is identical to the video, no, you don't need to resample it. You would only need to do that for DVD/BluRay conversion as they don't support 44.1kHz.

Reply #4
In answer to the question, assuming the duration is identical to the video, no, you don't need to resample it. You would only need to do that for DVD/BluRay conversion as they don't support 44.1kHz.
Hey John :) So long no see. Thanks. That is what I thought.

Reply #5
you're sorted now :-)
but to clarify, I was answering your initial (post title) question. it can be done. but unnecessary, unless, as John says, for DVD/BluRay.