Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What ffmpeg command does foo_audiomd5 use? (Read 889 times) previous topic - next topic

What ffmpeg command does foo_audiomd5 use?

Hi, i'd like to know what ffmpeg command(s) the foo_audiomd5 (https://foobar.hyv.fi/?view=foo_audiomd5) uses.
A link to the source code also works, since the page says that the plugin is open-source with the ISC license.
I've already tried searching for the source code and also tried searching the forums for "foo_audiomd5" and "md5" with no results. The source code also isn't bundled with the plugin.

I'm hoping to maybe reach the plugin author with this post.

Thanks a lot :)

Re: What ffmpeg command does foo_audiomd5 use?

Reply #2
Thank you!
I'm using this format for my purposes now to only get "MD5=..." back without any other output:
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -i 'file.,mp3' -vn -loglevel 0 -f md5 -

Reply #3
Just note that the component has an option to MD5 the encoded vs the decoded audio, just like pointed out in that thread. (Or is that choice only for lossless? You will find it.)

Reply #4
The component uses ffmpeg with these parameters:
Code: [Select]
-v 0 -i <file> -map 0:a -c copy -f md5 -

Note that it's not open source. License is modified ISC. Main idea is to allow people to redistribute the binary without issues. But if someone for example translates resources to weird language it's still allowed. But if you share such a copy you must mention that you have made edits.

The option @Porcus mentioned only affects lossless codecs. Decoding results of lossy codecs aren't deterministic and making MD5 of it would not necessarily be valid between decoder versions or machine architectures.