Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Volume control tooltip covered by mouse cursor (Read 1413 times) previous topic - next topic

Volume control tooltip covered by mouse cursor

Current value of volume control is shown in a tooltip directly attached to the bottom of the slider. However mouse cursor covers part of the tooltip. If cursor is enlarged (useful to make mouse more noticeable for high DPI monitors, try it!) it covers the most significant digits in the tooltip.

Please move the tooltip below mouse cursor, like it is done for control buttons (Stop, Play, etc.).

I know that current volume level is shown in the right end of status bar, but looking there instead of mouse cursor while adjusting the volume is counterintuitive and inconvenient.

Re: Volume control tooltip covered by mouse cursor

Reply #1
I know that current volume level is shown in the right end of status bar, but looking there instead of mouse cursor while adjusting the volume is counterintuitive and inconvenient.

Just in case you didn't know, you can scroll your mouse wheel when it's over that indicator and that will change the volume.

edit: incidentally, when dragging, you can move your mouse away. It doesn't have to be kept in the bounds of the volume slider itself.

Reply #2

Just in case you didn't know, you can scroll your mouse wheel when it's over that indicator and that will change the volume.

edit: incidentally, when dragging, you can move your mouse away. It doesn't have to be kept in the bounds of the volume slider itself.

I got the point about using mouse wheel. Note, that no tooltip is shown at all. Trick with mouse cursor out of bounds of the control is nice, but conterintuitive as well.

Bottom line: should the tooltip be displayed at all? Maybe remove it since it is almost useless anyway. Numerical value is displayed in the right end of the status bar if anybody cares.
If it is useful - maybe stick it to the bottom right corner of the whole volume control instead of slider button. Then it will be visible.

Reply #3
hello, neither the cursor nor the status bar appears.
any suggestion?