Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which format will give you the hands-down "best" file. (Read 14710 times) previous topic - next topic

Which format will give you the hands-down "best" file.

Reply #25
but I know: there's more to come.

How do you know?  The support of one player and something/s from Samsung don't seal the fate of an audio format.  If that were the case, we would all be listening to ATRAC3plus.  My point is that no one can determine the future of an audio format and no one knows if support for mp3hd is going to grow or not.  It might turn out to be a miserable failure.

Reply #26
See, that wasn't so hard  Thanks, mp3hd sounds very practical from a dual-codec database point of view, but the softwaresupport has been lacking greatly. Sounds Thompson is busy...

You should give WavPack and bryant some love, hybrid mode has been around for some time now.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #27
but I know: there's more to come.

How do you know?  The support of one player and something/s from Samsung don't seal the fate of an audio format.  If that were the case, we would all be listening to ATRAC3plus.  My point is that no one can determine the future of an audio format and no one knows if support for mp3hd is going to grow or not.  It might turn out to be a miserable failure.

I can't say much about it, but consider it very likely that some companies will join Samsung.
The future is lossless!

Reply #28
See, that wasn't so hard  Thanks, mp3hd sounds very practical from a dual-codec database point of view, but the softwaresupport has been lacking greatly. Sounds Thompson is busy...

You should give WavPack and bryant some love, hybrid mode has been around for some time now.

Thing is that anything but mp3 and today perhaps aac gives me no backwards compatibility with just about anything. Mp3HD and HD-AAC would.

Reply #29
Some news today about the inventor of mp3HD: Thomson. The company doesn't exist anymore, it's now part of the famous brand Technicolor. I'm curious if this has consequences for mp3HD.
The future is lossless!

Reply #30
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ghlite=%2Bmp3hd

This is not the Mp3HD update thread.  If you have any questions, check here.

Reply #31
I thought twice about my supported formats and I changed my mind. I'm gonna stick to FLAC+MP3 LAME V0. I still think mp3HD sounds promising, but maybe it needs a little bit more time to mature.
The future is lossless!