Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Output and Name formatting problem (Read 928 times) previous topic - next topic

Output and Name formatting problem

Hi all,
I'm using Foobar2000 to convert my tracks usually from FLAC to MP3 and I made by myself some "name format script" years ago.
Usually I convert just simple albums with the same author/group and I didn't have seen the issue so often that I'll show below.

I'm using a series of 'if then' to create the right path for the tracks, mainly "\Album Artist\Album Name\Disk number (if more than 1)\Track num - Track name" with this script:
$replace(\$if(%album artist%,%album artist%)\$if(%album%,%album%)\$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%, 1,Disk %discnumber%,)\$if(%tracknumber%,%tracknumber% - )%title%,:, -)

It works good except the fact that in some case (but I've investigated just now about this problem) the album artist is incorrect, it uses 'Album Artist, Artist' instead of the first one only.
I just need the Album Artist specified in the tag, not also other artists. The problem shown both on old 1.3.x and on latest 1.5.
Can someone figure me out where I'm wrong with the script?
Attached a screenshot as reference compared with TagScanner that I use fix my tracks informations before any conversion.
Of course this affects also tags of output files.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Output and Name formatting problem

Reply #1
foobar2000 must see different tags than TagScanner. Why don't you use foobar2000 to fix the tagging?

Reply #2
The "issue" looks like a consequence of foobar2000 metadata field remapping system. You need to use the $meta() function to avoid it.

BTW
$if(%field%,%field%) can be written as [%field%]
I'm late

Reply #3
The "issue" looks like a consequence of foobar2000 metadata field remapping system.

I was thinking that too, but not sure about that. With the $if there, it only displays %album artist% if present. Meanwhile field remapping only goes to %artist% if not present.

You need to use the $meta() function to avoid it.

That could work anyway...

As it does not appear to make sense what is happening, OP should investigate the tags in foobar as Case said, to start with.

Reply #4
The "issue" looks like a consequence of foobar2000 metadata field remapping system. You need to use the $meta() function to avoid it.

BTW
$if(%field%,%field%) can be written as [%field%]

Thank you for the tip!
Seems works with $meta, but I'll do more tests later. However I found something strange by using an Hex Editor: there are two album artist metadata (ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST). I'll test with others tag editors what happens, eventually I'll also write an email to TagScanner author.
PS: I use TagScanner because is easier, for me at least, to mass fix Albums infos.

Thank you all!