Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Wrapped (Read 5416 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Wrapped

Have been playing for some time with this and now I'm open for ideas to improve it.

People knowing my scripts should know I have created multiple scripts which replicate/improve some of the typical features of Spotify and similar services:

And so the last piece missing was a mix of all that replicating the Spotify's wrapped at the end of the year. And here we go:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Essentially:
  • Requires: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=foo_enhanced_playcount
  • Computes the statistics from the library for the selected year. (currently genres/styles, tracks, artists, listens)
  • Downloads artists images.
  • Retrieves album covers.
  • Generates random backgrounds (which can be customized by user).
  • Outputs a report in Latex format.
  • Compiles it.
  • Works fine even on win 7, so there is no need for fancy dependencies.

TODO:
  • Output a playlist with the favourite songs from the year. (something already coded in my other scripts)
  • Upload the playlist toListenBrainz / Spotify (idem)
  • Add statistics by regions, when also using World-Map-SMP.
  • Suggest playlists generated by ListenBrainz as new tracks to discover with the user data (again already coded elsewhere).

Attached is a PDF file as example, which is compiled on the fly via lualatex (or any configurable latex binary via CMD).

The current formast is WIP, but I'm open to suggestions and improvements.

Re: Foobar2000 Wrapped

Reply #1
Some image examples.

Reply #2
Another iteration, added the characters (roboticist, cyclops, collector, ...) descriptions and [different] images along heuristics to calculate it according to the listening habits.

X

Also reused the genre map at Music Graph to suggest similar genre/styles to the top 5 genres listened. And the genre classification to show an image related to the top 5.

And now wrapped can be applied to any year on demand (planned to expand it to arbitrary time periods, like your entire listening history)
X

Reply #3
Another iteration. Added a few more things
- 4 Playlists with smart shuffle: top artists, genres and tracks. Discovered tracks on the year.
- Better format for top tracks/artists
- Extended stats for the top artist
- Genre analysis:
       - Shows listens by category, grouping similar genres into the same group (for ex. all rock styles).
       - Images change according to main group.
       - Suggests some genre/styles which may be interesting to you according to your listening habits.
- Stats per country, showing a world map with the top 5 countries associated to your listens (requires World-Map-SMP script)

TODO:
    - Upload the playlists toListenBrainz / Spotify
   -  Suggest playlists generated by ListenBrainz as new tracks to discover with the user data.

Reply #4
Added a few more things
- New playlist with smart shuffle: Tracks from top countries..
- Months with most listens for top artists (like the Spotify month reel)  dynamically created.
- Genre/styles burger (like the one at Spotify) dynamically created.
- Top artist for every country at the top 5 countries with most listens.
- TOC at pdf.

Reply #5
Final iteration; if someone wants to test it, let me know. I will create a repository to use it as a button on my buttons toolbar.

- Sound city.
- Placeholders for images not found.
- Offline mode. No images are downloaded and playlists are built entirely offline, without youtube links or web suggestions.
- Shift + Click skips PDF report and only outputs playlists.
- Spotify icon on button.
- A lot of new background images.
- Automatic image optimization with pingo and exiftools (to produce smaller pdfs).
- Suggested genres/artists playlists based on your top genres/artists powered by ListenBrainz. Doesn't require a token.

Attached an offline report and images with placeholders + latest updates.

Reply #6
Final iteration; if someone wants to test it, let me know. I will create a repository to use it as a button on my buttons toolbar.

Looks interesting. Waiting to be public to give it a try

Reply #7
https://github.com/regorxxx/Wrapped-SMP

The installation instructions is the same than other toolbar buttons (for ex. https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/wiki/Installation) + any other requirement listed. Note report will only work if the statistics components were already installed on the selected year, otherwise output will be garbage.

exiftool and pingo binaries, if desired, must be added into .\helpers_external\[tool name]\...

Will update the page, details and wiki later.

Reply #8
https://github.com/regorxxx/Wrapped-SMP

The installation instructions is the same than other toolbar buttons (for ex. https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/wiki/Installation) + any other requirement listed. Note report will only work if the statistics components were already installed on the selected year, otherwise output will be garbage.

exiftool and pingo binaries, if desired, must be added into .\helpers_external\[tool name]\...

Will update the page, details and wiki later.

I made a new installation with all the updated zips from github and remove all data from js_data.

The new Fingerprint-Tools-SMP causes a lot of crashes.

Tag automations crash with

Code: [Select]
Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({E59F1765-A563-4534-A126-E30A02EB8381}: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar v1.0.0 by regorxxx): initialized in 688 ms
foo_spider_monkey_panel:
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({E59F1765-A563-4534-A126-E30A02EB8381}: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar v1.0.0 by regorxxx)
include failed:
include failed:
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: ..\tags\ffprobe-utils.js

File: chromaprint-utils-js_fingerprint.js
Line: 14, Column: 1
Stack trace:
  @chromaprint-utils-js_fingerprint.js:14:1
  TagAutomation/this.loadDependencies@tags_automation.js:447:38
  TagAutomation/this.init@tags_automation.js:459:8
  TagAutomation@tags_automation.js:462:7
  @buttons_tags_automation.js:176:36
  includeButton@buttons_toolbar.js:223:4
  reducer/</</<@helpers_xxx_prototypes.js:353:60

Playlist tools also crash

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({1EABDDC9-E4E3-4CE5-8B94-0C1FFCE0A44A}: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar v1.0.0 by regorxxx)
include failed:
include failed:
include failed:
include failed:
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: ..\tags\ffprobe-utils.js

File: chromaprint-utils-js_fingerprint.js
Line: 14, Column: 1
Stack trace:
  @chromaprint-utils-js_fingerprint.js:14:1
  TagAutomation/this.loadDependencies@tags_automation.js:447:38
  TagAutomation/this.init@tags_automation.js:459:8
  TagAutomation@tags_automation.js:462:7
  @playlist_tools_menu_other_tools.js:180:19
  @playlist_tools_menu.js:318:1
  @buttons_playlist_tools.js:35:52
  @buttons_playlist_tools.js:35:33
  includeButton@buttons_toolbar.js:223:4
  includeButtons@buttons_toolbar.js:242:37
  @buttons_toolbar.js:268:46
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:149:37
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:145:30

I had to make another installation without it. Without this component, I can add the buttons without problem.

The next problem was with the world map. The biography integration makes the panel crashes.

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({CFF8FF80-A7F4-4F81-92D6-31168ABDE894}: World Map v3.9.0 by regorxxx)
can't access lexical declaration `file1_2_0_beta' before initialization

File: world_map_menu.js
Line: 147, Column: 32
Stack trace:
  func@world_map_menu.js:147:32
  _menu/this.btn_up/<@menu_xxx.js:458:16
  _menu/this.btn_up@menu_xxx.js:448:24
  @world_map.js:801:7
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:149:37
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:145:30

Also returning to map mode from chart doesn't repaint the panel and left parts of the chart drawn behind

X

I didn't find any statistics components per se in the repositories so I installed the timeline and set it to year in x axis.

In timeline, I noticed that only zoom icon is shown, main and display configuration only show a pop-up when hover, but work when clicked.

X

In the installation of wrapped I used the last 32 bit version that I found of MiKTeX, 2.9. About the optional components, I couldn't find a 32 bit version.

The button add without problem. Set the token and tried to make a report for 2024 and the panel crashes

Wrapped: retrieving listening stats...
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%GENRE%]) 50%.
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%TITLE%]) 50%.
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%ALBUM ARTIST%]) 50%.
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%ALBUM%]) 50%.
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%GENRE%]) 100%.
getEntitiesByTag: 100 found items
lookupTracksByMBIDs: 100/100 found items
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%TITLE%]) 100%.
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%ALBUM ARTIST%]) 100%.
EvalWithMetadbsAsync ([%ALBUM%]) 100%.
Wrapped: retrieving images...
lookupArtistMBIDsByName: 5 artists
Wrapped: processing track images with nconvert.exe
Wrapped: creating LaTeX report...
foo_spider_monkey_panel:
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({1EABDDC9-E4E3-4CE5-8B94-0C1FFCE0A44A}: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar v1.0.0 by regorxxx)
wrappedData.cities[0].artists[i] is undefined

File: wrapped.js
Line: 1974, Column: 5
Stack trace:
  formatLatexReport/<@wrapped.js:1974:5
  formatLatexReport@wrapped.js:1973:20
  createPdfReport/<@wrapped.js:1561:17

At last a little cosmetic detail, the musicbrainz icon without themed buttoms is wrong displayed

X

Reply #9
I think I missed to upload a dependency on most of my repositories. Must be put at ".\xxx-scripts\main\tags\" See attachment.

Also attached the fix to world map. Just go to ".\profile\foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{FA5A85D5-5C81-4B9B-BF01-52872BA83EA7}\main\world_map" and replace the file. Note you need to get country data for all your artists to get country statistics.

Finally, please report things in their threads. This is about wrapped.

You don't need Playlist Tools here nor Fingerprint tools (which is beta and not supposed to be used yet) for wrapped, not sure why you installed that. You also don't need any "statistics" script or Timeline. I added nothing about that as requirement on the readme.

About your other reports, they work perfectly fine on my side. So please report in their thread and maybe we can find what's going on for you.

You don't need 32 bit versions for binaries at all, just use whatever is available. (no idea if that's possible on wine though)

Reply #10
I think I missed to upload a dependency on most of my repositories. Must be put at ".\xxx-scripts\main\tags\" See attachment.

Also attached the fix to world map. Just go to ".\profile\foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{FA5A85D5-5C81-4B9B-BF01-52872BA83EA7}\main\world_map" and replace the file. Note you need to get country data for all your artists to get country statistics.

Finally, please report things in their threads. This is about wrapped.

You don't need Playlist Tools here nor Fingerprint tools (which is beta and not supposed to be used yet) for wrapped, not sure why you installed that. You also don't need any "statistics" script or Timeline. I added nothing about that as requirement on the readme.

About your other reports, they work perfectly fine on my side. So please report in their thread and maybe we can find what's going on for you.

You don't need 32 bit versions for binaries at all, just use whatever is available. (no idea if that's possible on wine though)

I tried to made a new installation with all new to not mix all scripts in my base installation and just update all I saw :-P

In a normal prefix I can use both 32 and 64 mixed but with a 32 prefix, needed for mdac28 to download images in bio, can't install the 64 version.

In the weekend with more time I tried to make another try.

Edit:

I tried to look at one more component because this "Note report will only work if the statistics components were already installed on the selected year, otherwise output will be garbage". What that mean?

Reply #11
About wrapped, I think you have a version before I updated it yesterday. Replace the wrapped file too.

.\xxx-scripts\helpers\helpers_xxx_prototypes.js
.\xxx-scripts\main\spotify\wrapped.js

Reply #12
I tried to look at one more component because this "Note report will only work if the statistics components were already installed on the selected year, otherwise output will be garbage". What that mean?
The statistics components listed on the readme, I think that's pretty clear. If you have no playcounts recorded, then there is nothing to report.

In a normal prefix I can use both 32 and 64 mixed but with a 32 prefix, needed for mdac28 to download images in bio, can't install the 64 version.
Then just skip the binaries, they are optional. I'm open to alternatives though.

nconvert has a 32 bit version.
https://www.xnview.com/en/nconvert/

On the long run, something must be done on wine... since 32 bit is dead.

EDIT: the script now checks for nconvert_32.exe too, in 32 bit OS. So it will work flawlessly both in 32 and 64.

Reply #13
The statistics components listed on the readme, I think that's pretty clear.

Not for me, apparently :-P.  My god, and I was searching like crazy a configuration for the year in all the menus or a statistic script....

Reply #14
The statistics components listed on the readme, I think that's pretty clear.

Not for me, apparently :-P.  My god, and I was searching like crazy a configuration for the year in all the menus or a statistic script....

XD well I said it's wip. Once I create the wiki it should be more clear, I'm just writing the minimum info here.

Reply #15
There are 32 bit binaries of exiftool here
https://oliverbetz.de/pages/Artikel/ExifTool-for-Windows

EDIT: attached the readme with clarifications about binaries.

Reply #16

Then just skip the binaries, they are optional. I'm open to alternatives though.

Thanks, I tried to find the other one. XD I saw you search faster that I wrote.

It is dying and is a pain. the memory limitation is breathing behind my neck. I'm already at 1'7 G on normal operation, any edit on a large set of files and oops. the 64 version can handle all the library in an edit.

But I'm stuck, for one side for the dependency of SMP scripts :-P in the daily flow and for the other hand that I can't find a way to make bio download images in a 64 wine prefix. In 32 I used mdac28, but it doesn't install in a 64 prefix and I have no idea how to make work this database think.

Reply #17

Thanks, I tried to find the other one. XD I saw you search faster that I wrote.

It is dying and is a pain. the memory limitation is breathing behind my neck. I'm already at 1'7 G on normal operation, any edit on a large set of files and oops. the 64 version can handle all the library in an edit.

But I'm stuck, for one side for the dependency of SMP scripts :-P in the daily flow and for the other hand that I can't find a way to make bio download images in a 64 wine prefix. In 32 I used mdac28, but it doesn't install in a 64 prefix and I have no idea how to make work this database think.
To be honest I'm not entirely sure VBS is needed at all to download images in Bio, is just the way it has been coded. I think it should be revised since there are other methods and activeX objects to do the same.  Also there is curl or wget...

I mean, I'm downloading images from spotify or wikimedia on this script and I don't need at all VBS.

Reply #18

To be honest I'm not entirely sure VBS is needed at all to download images in Bio, is just the way it has been coded. I think it should be revised since there are other methods and activeX objects to do the same.  Also there is curl or wget...

I mean, I'm downloading images from spotify or wikimedia on this script and I don't need at all VBS.

This change will be a great improvement, curl or wget will be perfect.

And, in a 64 environment, a 32 program doesn't have the limit of 2G of memory? Because a 32 foobar will be needed for SMP anyway....

Reply #19
Same limit applies though, but I have faith about a x64 SMP port some day.
At this point I really don't care at all about new methods or improvements, I just want the 64 bit version.

Reply #20
well, it seems to produces the images and .tex file in js_data but

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

at the end of the log
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.11.2 (MiKTeX 2.9.7250)  (format=lualatex 2024.2.16)  16 FEB 2024 12:27
 restricted system commands enabled.
**Z:/home/user/.foobar2000_v2/profile/js_data/temp/wrapped/Wrapped_2024.tex
(Z:/home/user/.foobar2000_v2/profile/js_data/temp/wrapped/Wrapped_2024.tex
LaTeX2e <2019-10-01> patch level 3
Lua module: luaotfload-main 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload entry point
Lua module: luaotfload-init 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / initializatio
n
Lua module: lualibs 2019-11-06 2.69 ConTeXt Lua standard libraries.
Lua module: lualibs-extended 2019-11-06 2.69 ConTeXt Lua libraries -- extended c
ollection.
Lua module: luaotfload-log 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / logging
Lua module: luaotfload-parsers 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / filelist
Lua module: luaotfload-configuration 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / conf
ig file reader
luaotfload | conf : Root cache directory is C:/users/user/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2
.9/luatex-cache/generic/names.
luaotfload | init : Loading fontloader “fontloader-2019-10-29.lua” from kpse
-resolved path “C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/luatex/luaotfload/fontloader-2
019-10-29.lua”.
Lua-only attribute luaotfload@state = 2
Lua-only attribute luaotfload@noligature = 3
Lua-only attribute luaotfload@syllabe = 4
luaotfload | init : Context OpenType loader version “3.11”
Inserting `luaotfload.node_processor' at position 1 in `pre_linebreak_filter'.
Inserting `luaotfload.node_processor' at position 1 in `hpack_filter'.
Lua module: luaotfload-loaders 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / callback h
andling
Inserting `luaotfload.define_font' at position 1 in `define_font'.
Lua module: luaotfload-database 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / database
Lua module: luaotfload-unicode 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / Unicode he
lpers
Lua module: luaotfload-colors 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / color
Lua-only attribute luaotfload_color_attribute = 5
Lua module: luaotfload-resolvers 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / resolver
s
luaotfload | conf : Root cache directory is C:/users/user/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2
.9/luatex-cache/generic/names.
Lua module: luaotfload-features 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / features
Lua module: luaotfload-letterspace 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / color
Lua module: luaotfload-embolden 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / color
Lua module: luaotfload-notdef 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / color
Lua module: luaotfload-auxiliary 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / auxiliar
y functions
Inserting `luaotfload.aux.set_sscale_dimens' at position 1 in `luaotfload.patch_
font'.
Inserting `luaotfload.aux.set_font_index' at position 2 in `luaotfload.patch_fon
t'.
Inserting `luaotfload.aux.patch_cambria_domh' at position 3 in `luaotfload.patch
_font'.
Inserting `luaotfload.aux.fixup_fontdata' at position 1 in `luaotfload.patch_fon
t_unsafe'.
Inserting `luaotfload.aux.set_capheight' at position 4 in `luaotfload.patch_font
'.
Inserting `luaotfload.aux.set_xheight' at position 5 in `luaotfload.patch_font'.
Lua module: luaotfload-multiscript 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / multis
cript
Lua module: luaotfload-tounicode 2019-11-10 3.11 luaotfload submodule / tounicod
e
Inserting `luaotfload.rewrite_fontname' at position 6 in `luaotfload.patch_font'
luaotfload | main : initialization completed in 1.319 seconds
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/base/article.cls"
Document Class: article 2019/10/25 v1.4k Standard LaTeX document class
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/base/size12.clo"
File: size12.clo 2019/10/25 v1.4k Standard LaTeX file (size option)
luaotfload | db : Font names database loaded from C:/users/user/AppData/Local/Mi
KTeX/2.9/luatex-cache/generic/names/luaotfload-names.luc)
\c@part=\count80
\c@section=\count81
\c@subsection=\count82
\c@subsubsection=\count83
\c@paragraph=\count84
\c@subparagraph=\count85
\c@figure=\count86
\c@table=\count87
\abovecaptionskip=\skip41
\belowcaptionskip=\skip42
\bibindent=\dimen102
)
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/geometry/geometry.sty"
Package: geometry 2018/04/16 v5.8 Page Geometry

("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty"
Package: keyval 2014/10/28 v1.15 key=value parser (DPC)
\KV@toks@=\toks14
)
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/generic/iftex/ifpdf.sty"
Package: ifpdf 2019/10/25 v3.4 ifpdf legacy package. Use iftex instead.

("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/generic/iftex/iftex.sty"
Package: iftex 2019/11/07 v1.0c TeX engine tests
))
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/generic/iftex/ifvtex.sty"
Package: ifvtex 2019/10/25 v1.7 ifvtex legacy package. Use iftex instead.
)
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/generic/iftex/ifxetex.sty"
Package: ifxetex 2019/10/25 v0.7 ifxetex legacy package. Use iftex instead.
)
\Gm@cnth=\count88
\Gm@cntv=\count89
\c@Gm@tempcnt=\count90
\Gm@bindingoffset=\dimen103
\Gm@wd@mp=\dimen104
\Gm@odd@mp=\dimen105
\Gm@even@mp=\dimen106
\Gm@layoutwidth=\dimen107
\Gm@layoutheight=\dimen108
\Gm@layouthoffset=\dimen109
\Gm@layoutvoffset=\dimen110
\Gm@dimlist=\toks15

("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/geometry/geometry.cfg"))
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty"
Package: graphicx 2017/06/01 v1.1a Enhanced LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR)

("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty"
Package: graphics 2019/11/01 v1.3d Standard LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR)

("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty"
Package: trig 2016/01/03 v1.10 sin cos tan (DPC)
)
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/graphics-cfg/graphics.cfg"
File: graphics.cfg 2016/06/04 v1.11 sample graphics configuration
)
Package graphics Info: Driver file: luatex.def on input line 105.

("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/graphics-def/luatex.def"
File: luatex.def 2018/01/08 v1.0l Graphics/color driver for luatex
))
\Gin@req@height=\dimen111
\Gin@req@width=\dimen112
)
("C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/float/float.sty"
Package: float 2001/11/08 v1.3d Float enhancements (AL)
\c@float@type=\count91
\float@exts=\toks16
\float@box=\box27
\@float@everytoks=\toks17
\@floatcapt=\box28
)

! LaTeX Error: File `xcolor.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.6 \usepackage
             {tikz} % Background Image

*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

Here is how much of LuaTeX's memory you used:
 1260 strings out of 493869
 100000,106986 words of node,token memory allocated 346 words of node memory still in use:
   1 hlist, 1 rule, 1 dir, 3 kern, 1 glyph, 3 attribute, 44 glue_spec, 3 attribu
te_list, 1 write nodes
   avail lists: 2:8,3:1,4:1,5:1,7:2,9:3
 5941 multiletter control sequences out of 65536+200000
 15 fonts using 510647 bytes
 30i,0n,23p,267b,40s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,50000s
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Reply #21
As far as I understand you are missing a package. xcolor. And it's not installing it for some reason.

Note I'm no latex expert xd I mean, I just created this and it works if latex is configured properly (in the versions I specified), and compiles in multiple engines. But... latex problems and quirks are something I can not really help with (and even if I can, have no interest on entering into that hole). It may be a 32 bit thing, or that latex is being blocked by the firewall (and thus package is not downloaded), etc. I would ask at a latex forum support for that.

You can try texstudio (also recommended) to manually compile it though. Errors there are pretty straightforward to understand.

Btw, the pdf report is just the first version of this script. I plan to create an html report which would require zero dependencies. This is just the first version.

Reply #22
As far as I understand you are missing a package. xcolor. And it's not installing it for some reason.

Note I'm not latex expert xd I mean, I just created this and it works if latex is configured properly (in the versions I specified), and compiles in multiple engines. But... latex problems and quirks are something I can not really help with (and even if I can, have no interest on entering into that hole). It may be a 32 bit thing, or that latex is being blocked by the firewall (and thus package is not downloaded), etc. I would ask at a latex forum support for that.

You can try texstudio (also recommended) to manually compile it though. Errors there are pretty straightforward to understand.

Btw, the pdf report is just the first version of this script. I plan to create an html report which would require zero dependencies. This is just the first version.

Could be that is a very old and basic version. At least the report is generated

Reply #23
That's probably the problem. The version I put at the readme works. But it's 64 bit.

Have you tried this? 21.6 should be more similar to 22.7 than the one you got xd
https://www.npackd.org/p/org.miktex.MiKTeX/21.6

EDIT: you can also try any other LaTeX suite, is just that I recommend that one because I have tested it and works from win 11 to win7 in 64 bits oses. But feel free to try other latex installations (and adjust the CMD at the settings if needed). Can not test LaTeX on Wine 32 bits, sorry. And again, nothing stops you to manually compile it with any LaTeX editor (or wait for my html version).

Reply #24
That's probably the problem. The version I put at the readme works. But it's 64 bit.

Have you tried this? 21.6 should be more similar to 22.7 than the one you got xd
https://www.npackd.org/p/org.miktex.MiKTeX/21.6

EDIT: you can also try any other LaTeX suite, is just that I recommend that one because I have tested it and works from win 11 to win7 in 64 bits oses. But feel free to try other latex installations (and adjust the CMD at the settings if needed). Can not test LaTeX on Wine 32 bits, sorry. And again, nothing stops you to manually compile it with any LaTeX editor (or wait for my html version).

Great sucess!!!!

the version you pointed out works

X

Various artists have a huge advantage, maybe could be interesting more focus in the artist tag.....