Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_converter.dll.cfg (Read 37269 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_converter.dll.cfg

Reply #25
Rokkaz thanks for the tips, I deleted and haven't touched the file since the last time I posted it here.

I initially made a small version for some friends and relative then it expanded more to show how many encoders and options there are than else. I will modify it one day if I re-think about it, if you'd like to do it you're welcome or I'm sure people will make their own with one or two options only.

foobar2000 also updated the encoder settings few times and now all most people need is there in the options.

foo_converter.dll.cfg

Reply #26
Rokkaz, ttaenc.exe requires "-e %s -o %d" but tta.exe requires "-e %s %d". I have no idea what the difference is but tta.exe is 8 years newer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tta/files/tta/ttaenc-win/), I will stick with that one. Please if you know True Audio and what the real difference is between the two explain here. Thanks

- Added "OptimFROG (DualStream)" (.ofs)
- Changed "MPC": removed "--xlevel" (https://www.musepack.net/index.php?pg=enc, last line)
- Changed "Ogg Vorbis" files search to the default one from foobar2000: "oggenc.exe;oggenc2.exe" (instead of using "oggenclv.exe;oggenc2lv.exe" for libvorbis and "oggencao.exe;oggenc2ao.exe" for aoTuV since I no longer attach the encoders' binaries)

I am leaving -S for LAME since it doesn't print only the progress and I don't care much about quiet, actually I like to see something in the console and it's the default setting on foobar2000.

Peter, if you read this please consider removing --xlevel for MPC from the next version of foobar2000.

foo_converter.dll.cfg

Reply #27
Rokkaz, ttaenc.exe requires "-e %s -o %d" but tta.exe requires "-e %s %d". I have no idea what the difference is but tta.exe is 8 years newer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tta/files/tta/ttaenc-win/), I will stick with that one. Please if you know True Audio and what the real difference is between the two explain here. Thanks

- Added "OptimFROG (DualStream)" (.ofs)
- Changed "MPC": removed "--xlevel" (https://www.musepack.net/index.php?pg=enc, last line)
- Changed "Ogg Vorbis" files search to the default one from foobar2000: "oggenc.exe;oggenc2.exe" (instead of using "oggenclv.exe;oggenc2lv.exe" for libvorbis and "oggencao.exe;oggenc2ao.exe" for aoTuV since I no longer attach the encoders' binaries)

I am leaving -S for LAME since it doesn't print only the progress and I don't care much about quiet, actually I like to see something in the console and it's the default setting on foobar2000.

Peter, if you read this please consider removing --xlevel for MPC from the next version of foobar2000.

Hi
first thanks a lot!
i will use it even i'm looking the same for eac
should i install like any foobar components?

Re: foo_converter.dll.cfg

Reply #28
+ [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 128000 -m 0 -q 1 (128 kbps) (Podcast, Max compatibility)
+ [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 320000 -m 0 -q 1 (320 kbps)
+ [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 64000 -m 0 -q 1 (64 kbps) (Mono) (Podcast, Max compatibility)
+ [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 0 -m 2 -q 1 -vbri (~190kbps)

Reply #29
! Typo in the settings (damn it) [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 320000 -m 0 (320 kbps) -> [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 320000 -m 0 -q 1 (320 kbps)

PM me for the Full Encoder Pack, I can't link it here.

Reply #30
! Sorry guys, another typo, this time in the list, it's up to you if you want to download and replace since the settings are the same: [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 64000 -m 0 -q 1 (64 kbps) (Mono) (Podcast, Max compatibility) -> [Lossy] MP3 (FhG) -if %s -of %d -br 64000 -m 0 -q 1 -mono (64 kbps) (Mono) (Podcast, Max compatibility)

Reply #31
Many more settings added for AAC, all AAC encoders are now equal in the LC, HE and HEv2. Hope I didn't misspell anything and please get used to Quick convert, it's much easier to use.

Reply #32
What the hell, now that we're here, cleaned even more, a lot, all the AAC, Vorbis settings etc. I think it's all done now though. I will add AAC inside CAF containers commands when they will be available.

Reply #33
- Replaced dcaenc with ffdcaenc in the DTS settings, dcaenc file left in the folder (if you have the link for the folder)

- Added faac, just one setting at ~128 for testing.

- Small typo

The encoder folder works with BatchEncoder https://wieslawsoltes.github.io/BatchEncoder/ as well.

Reply #34
- Updated the way "%album artist%" work with all the settings, not that this matters for anyone but it was just an OCD thing.

- Added ALS, even this, not sure why, for testing I guess.

Hopefully this is going to be the last one until someone releases a way to include Opus in the CAF container with a CLI.

Reply #35
Don't remember what I changed but I remember I made few changes. Attaching the last one just in case.

The pack is all 64bit now, where possible.

Reply #37
Not a big deal but I've added Ogg Vorbis 160 as well, just to make it more complete and I think now it's really done, unless I get some requests that are interesting.

Please remember you can always make your own settings, modify and resave etc., it's really easy and very convenient to personalize it however you like.

This is the one I personally use:

Sorry for the download again, last one for a while?

Reply #38
First of all, I'm going to stop saying it's the last update for a while :)

Cleaned, added more settings, stereo and mono, for AAC, Vorbis and Opus for podcasts and audiobooks.

I will make another Essential soon, I am really not sure what's essential, it's very subjective, I'll try to add all these new settings as well so podcasters will need to download only this version instead of the Full/more confusing one. I am sure they all have their own software but if they want to try foobar2000 it'll be all ready to go in an easy presaved way.

Let me know what doesn't work, there are few I haven't fully tested, MP3 FhG for example since I added it just as a test and I use LAME when I need MP3.

Reply #39
Fixed few typos, reorganized few settings.

Don't care about the Essential, I didn't receive any feedback. If you do go to Converter > ... > Delete whatever strings you don't need and make your own Essential, even better, all subjective.

Reply #40
hi
may i ask 2 question?
1) may i know what temp folder does it use when i convert files ?

and
2) may i know about lame why i can select only 320Kb or VRB there are no cbr presets? i know i can create them
but seeing i use foobar to encode my audio ,sometime i would like to encode for voice recording or other porpouse
thanks a lot to keep updated

Reply #41
1) That depends on the encoder, it's straight from the old to the new format or convert to .wav then to the new format, in the same output folder.

2) I only added 64 mono, 128 stereo and 320 stereo in CBR, I don't see the need for other CBR presets. Which ones do you use/need? For voice? Isn't 128 enough? I think 64 mono is plenty good for voice, let me know.

Reply #42
1) That depends on the encoder, it's straight from the old to the new format or convert to .wav then to the new format, in the same output folder.

2) I only added 64 mono, 128 stereo and 320 stereo in CBR, I don't see the need for other CBR presets. Which ones do you use/need? For voice? Isn't 128 enough? I think 64 mono is plenty good for voice, let me know.
hi
for voice mostly ,seeing opus is not supported by every devices
thanks

Reply #43
Yes, I got it you need it for voice, which setting do you use for voice? Again, I think 64 mono and 128 stereo are more than enough.

Attached a new file:

- Added 96 kbps CBR for MP3, Marco makes good points here: https://marco.org/2016/08/15/vbr-mp3-plea and audio here https://overcast.fm/+CdTym-vo/1:24:30 and I think 96 joint stereo is also good enough for Audiobooks and Podcasts.

Reply #44
Yes, I got it you need it for voice, which setting do you use for voice? Again, I think 64 mono and 128 stereo are more than enough.

Attached a new file:

- Added 96 kbps CBR for MP3, Marco makes good points here: https://marco.org/2016/08/15/vbr-mp3-plea and audio here https://overcast.fm/+CdTym-vo/1:24:30 and I think 96 joint stereo is also good enough for Audiobooks and Podcasts.
hi
yes i will use 64 mono for voice , i don't use audiobooks
thanks Eahm

Reply #45
Don't know why this wasn't there already but I added "[Lossless Compressed] FLAC -5 --ignore-chunk-sizes (Split/create .flac from .cue into same folder)"

Reply #46
Haven't used foobar2000 in a while but I opened it today and I notice that USAC/xHE-AAC was missing so I added one parameter for it (5/~64kbps mono/~128kbps stereo).