Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Are my custom keyboard shortcut recorded somewhere? (Read 815 times) previous topic - next topic

Are my custom keyboard shortcut recorded somewhere?

As in the subject. I installed Foobar2000 in everyone of my PC's, and every time I manually added the same shortcuts... I am a little tired; is there a place where they are all stored, so that I could copy/paste a file, or something, and have them all at once in my new PC?
Thanks

Re: Are my custom keyboard shortcut recorded somewhere?

Reply #1
If you browse your foobar2000 profile folder (hold shift, click the File menu, browse configuration folder).

Now open the configuration folder. Inside that will be a file named core.cfg which you can copy/paste. Note this contains all player settings that don't belong to other components which have their own cfg files. It would be best close foobar before copying.

Reply #2
Yes, it works! Many thanks... but... here follows another question :-)
Is there a way I can save components, encoders, file associations ... the whole Foobar behaviour I so lovingly built?
Would, saving the whole AppData\Roaming\Foobar directory, be enough? And then copy it on a new installation?
Thanks again.

Reply #3
I think file associations are per user stored in the registry so I don't think you can transfer those.

As for user-components/settings, you can copy the whole profile folder but how well it works will depend on the paths to your music files. Unless they're identical, you'd probably want to avoid copying the library and playlists-v1.4 folders.

As for encoders, they might well in the main foobar install folder\encoders - assuming you used the free codec pack.