Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC to AIFF on Toast render settings? (Read 2857 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC to AIFF on Toast render settings?

hi just a little question, I convert a flac file to aiff with toast, why say render settings, fast ... normal... best ...

why?

I convert on fast and best and I think that is the same quality, I dont want loose quality from the original flac.

thanks, help

View Screenshot

Reply #1
What are the resulting file sizes?

I assume the "fast" setting would just compress the original file less, resulting in equal quality (due to lossless audio) but a larger file size.

Moderation: Removed useless quotation of the first post.

Reply #2
shunsuke's answer would be right, if it were AIFF to FLAC, but it's the other way round 

Is a puzzlement.

Reply #3
Is this an "audio technology enthusiast's" or a "lazy bum's" resource? Please use the search function. This has already been answered. Toast's interface is misleading. This doesn't have any effect if you don't convert the sample rate.