Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReplayGain - peak too high? (Read 4924 times) previous topic - next topic

ReplayGain - peak too high?

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, but i google'd around and didn't find an answer, so I thought, I'll post this here:

I tried to apply ReplayGain tags to all of my mp3s, but I found that some tracks are not supported because of a track peak that is way too high (foobar shows me values in the upper millions  ).

So I was wondering if there is a tool to fix this issue or do I need to re-rip this tracks?

Thanks in advance

Yantit

Reply #1
Most of the time (or always? can't remember anything else) it also says file corrupted. It can't be decoded properly so rerip them. You can check with the file integrity verifier (1st party-optional component) to make sure the file has decoding errors.

Reply #2
Most of the time (or always? can't remember anything else) it also says file corrupted. It can't be decoded properly so rerip them. You can check with the file integrity verifier (1st party-optional component) to make sure the file has decoding errors.

When I run the integrity checker over the file, it tells me that there's a suspiciously high peak, but that seems to be the only problem...

Reply #3
Try with "Utils > Rebuild MP3 Stream"
If that doesn't work you probably have very bad file, so consider re-ripping or finding file elsewhere
If that is not an option and you have some audio editor use something like "remove single click" (CEP/Audition) or try Deglitch (you must convert file to WAV)
But I think no file is worth doing that if there are more than 4-5 large peaks and it's usually waste of time