Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: simple utility to join multiple wav files to one? (Read 2872 times) previous topic - next topic

simple utility to join multiple wav files to one?

Hey, I think I've seen this addressed in the past but now that I'm running into the problem, I'm not finding anything. I've got 21 wav files that are all pieces (in succession) of a single track. I want to encode them to a single mp3 file, or alternately join them into a single wav file before encoding. I'm sure there must be a utility that does this easily, but I've not found it in a few quick searches. Thanks to any help here, and apologies in advance if this is something that I should know, which it likely is...
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Reply #1
Here's one I posted a while back.  It was meant for making a CD image though so it only works with 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo WAVs.  Of course you can join them in Winamp also, by using the Disk Writer plugin with single file mode enabled, or any sound editor software.

Reply #2
Foobar2000?

Reply #3
SOX will do also.
But this is a command line tool, usage:
C:\> sox.exe Track1.wav Track2.wav Track3.wav SingleFile.wav

Reply #4
Thanks for the thoughts, all. Especially the obvious one of running them all through Winamp's (or foobar's) diskwriter plugin. That's where I'd seen "single file output" before. I ended up dealing with the mental block by burning the tracks to an audio cd, then using EAC to rip range. Oh well. I'm glad to know about SOX, too.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Reply #5
WavMerge, available in this thread, is full-featured and non-time-limited, uncrippled shareware that gets the job done.

Regards,
Madrigal

Reply #6
If you use Converter in foobar 0.9b6+ then you can even write a cuesheet at the same time - so you can still jump to the various parts quickly and easily (in foobar, or Winamp with the mp3cue plugin).

My CueMake will also join WAVE files and create an accompanying cuesheet (using placholder mapping of the filenames to populate cuesheet meta data).  Obviously foobar has the benefit of (among other things) being able to go straight from n WAVEs to 1 MP3, rather than n WAVEs to 1 WAVE to 1 MP3.
I'm on a horse.