Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC-git Releases (Code Base v1.4.x) (Read 26969 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FLAC-git Releases (Code Base v1.4.x)

Reply #6
john33 you may consider using https when posting links in rarewares.org. Firefox blocks the download and warns about malicious content without s, but suddenly no virus when I manually add s. Not only this file but also the previous ones, and with previous versions of Firefox.

This behaviour does not seem to happen with other websites. I tried Firefox's troubleshooting mode (reverts all custom settings and disables all plugins) the issue persists. Firefox must hate your website, perhaps you can report to Mozilla as well.

Reply #7
Done, thanks. The link was 'as is' created within the forum software, but I'll try to remember to add the 's'. ;)

Reply #10
FLAC 1.4.2 release compiles are now at Rarewares. Please note that these compiles are aimed at compatibility and not at performance. I'll look at higher performance variants over the next day, or so. :)

Reply #22
FLAC git-fe0bf230 20230109
Built on January 10, 2023, GCC 12.2.0
(Code Base : 1.4.2)

https://github.com/xiph/flac/commits/master

I've lifted some restrictions on channel mask recently, these changes are in this compile. Channel masks that are non-standard in FLAC should now be accepted properly, without having to resort to --channel-map=none. However, I don't have much files to test, so if anyone with such files could give it a try, that would be much appreciated.
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.