Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar 0.9x doesn't support CUE files with more than 99 tracks. (Read 13056 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar 0.9x doesn't support CUE files with more than 99 tracks.

Reply #25
I have faced this problem as well. I first tried to fix the issue with shakey_snake suggestion, but I could not reproduce my cue sheet with any other playlist format because I have one large audio file which I want to index and playlist file formats expect one audio file per song.

So instead of trying to reconvert my cue sheet, I just hacked through the DLL file that handles this limitation.

If you want to fix this (under your own risk) here is the workaround. Needless to say, quite advanced computer skills are required (HEX editor, etc):
Short version
- I am doing this for v1.3.6 and might not work for other versions.
- Open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components\foo_input_std.dll" with an HEX viewer.
- Search for the pattern: 83 f9 62 77 17. It should appear only once, otherwise (other version of foobar) this fix might not be valid.
- Replace the pattern with: 83 f9 62 90 90.
- Save and enjoy.

Long version
We are replacing the piece of code that jumps to the error (2 byte instruction, shadowed in grey on the image) with two NOP (which do nothing at all).

Cheers!

foobar 0.9x doesn't support CUE files with more than 99 tracks.

Reply #26
- Open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components\foo_input_std.dll" with an HEX viewer.
- Search for the pattern: 83 f9 62 77 17. It should appear only once, otherwise (other version of foobar) this fix might not be valid.
- Replace the pattern with: 83 f9 62 90 90.
- Save and enjoy.

That "patch" works for foobar 0.9.6.9 and foo_input_std 1.0. Thanks a lot.