Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [IDIOT] "Reset all" button in Preferences (Read 4395 times) previous topic - next topic

[IDIOT] "Reset all" button in Preferences

I love Foobar.

For me, it is near perfect player.  Have nothing to add to it. Excepti for one little moment.

Every time I go to "Preferences" panel (whatever for), I have significant chances to accidently press "Reset all" instead of "Cancel" or "Save All", losing all settings, including custom keyboard shortcuts. That was already six of seven times with me, and that is quite disappointing.  The same reported from my friends who also use FooBar.

My request is to FooBar developers.  For heavens's sake, PLEASE, move this fucked button somewhere farther. For example, to the separate page under "Core" tree. Or to the middle of the "Core" page.  But NOT between "Save all" and "Cancel" buttons.

As for me, I can download sources, do this for myself, and recompile. I know what Visual Studio is:)    I can even give it then to my friends. But who will do it for milliions of other FooBar users?

Thank you.

Reply #1
As for me, I can download sources, do this for myself, and recompile. I know what Visual Studio is:)    I can even give it then to my friends.

No you can't.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #2
This button has been moved to the left in 0.9 beta:

Does that help?

Reply #3
Every time I go to "Preferences" panel (whatever for), I have significant chances to accidently press "Reset all" instead of "Cancel" or "Save All", losing all settings, including custom keyboard shortcuts. That was already six of seven times with me, and that is quite disappointing.   The same reported from my friends who also use FooBar.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300901"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh please.

Which part of this dialog do you and your friends fail to understand?

A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #4
Every time I go to "Preferences" panel (whatever for), I have significant chances to accidently press "Reset all" instead of "Cancel" or "Save All", losing all settings, including custom keyboard shortcuts. That was already six of seven times with me, and that is quite disappointing.   The same reported from my friends who also use FooBar.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300901"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh please.

Which part of this dialog do you and your friends fail to understand?

Reply #5
the "Ja" and "Nein" part

edit: damn, anza beat me 
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #6
Another thing; you should make a backup of your foobar2000.cfg file now and then anyway. It might get whiped by a 3d party plugin or anything, and then it's nice to have a backup...
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #7
Perhaps the german Yes and No
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300906"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Setting aside that this is basic knowledge for any foobar user, this part depends on your system language you clown 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.