Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD - Drive Speed Control (Read 1969 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD - Drive Speed Control

Dear strangers,

Since I'm an XLD user (what a relief for an ex-iTunes user) I'm far more in control of what actually happens. A recent feature is the ability to manually adjust the drive speed control (Automatic; 1x; 2x; 4x; 6x; 8x; 10x; 12x; 16x). But first, let me briefly explain my situation: I am the owner of a decent collection of CD's (about 600 pcs) and I already set my mind on Apple Lossless. All the other settings are on max. However, I'm still not sure about this drive speed control. When I choose "Automatic", I do get a few errors now and then, in contrary to limiting the speed to 8x or 6x. After this big CD-collection-rip, I will sell all my CD's just because they're basically collecting dust. So it is a one-chance shot. Therefore I must ask you for your knowledge and/or experience with this situation.

What will be the best setting, which will guarantee the best possible quality?

I would undoubtedly appreciate an answer or two!

Cyberketje
Belgium (Yes, those guys with the french fries and awesome beer)