Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: An idea for kiosk mode (Read 3351 times) previous topic - next topic

An idea for kiosk mode

Hi, people have asked for kiosk mode or full-screen mode before. While I'm not the kind of person who'd want such a feature, I do think it would be a nice add-on.

I got an idea today. Instead of building a kiosk mode for foobar2000 itself, why not use Mozilla Firefox in kiosk mode, together with a Firefox extension like Foxytunes?

If Firefox extensions for kiosk mode do not work well with Foxytunes, (I haven't tried this myself,) would it be possible to build a new Firefox extension for running foobar2000 in kiosk mode? If yes, would it be feasible as well?

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I would pleased if people could add to this idea to make stuff work.

An idea for kiosk mode

Reply #1
I see your idea as a very good one. I was thinking about having a silent PC (such as a mini-ITX) in the living room for the music, but with the possibility of having a quick and simple access to the collection. ATM I am looking at myHTPC, Xlobby, etc but it is both overkill for certain aspects and underloaded for others (such as a good database view).
A kiosk mode with pages generated from the foobar2000 database could be a very good and powerfull approach.