Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Andre Wiethoff: "I am working on a new and exciting new ripping p (Read 9014 times) previous topic - next topic

Andre Wiethoff: "I am working on a new and exciting new ripping p

Andre Wiethoff (Exact Audio Copy developer) posted a few interesting tweets recently:

"I am working on a new and exciting new ripping product for more than one year - The release is near, stay tuned!" (28 Aug 13)

"The new application will not replace EAC, it just targets a different audience." (30 Aug 13)

"Thus there will be a new EAC version probably around november or so (after the new app has been released)..." (30 Aug 13)

https://twitter.com/exactaudiocopy

Reply #1
hm... an opensource Linux ripper? 

Reply #2
Andre Wiethoff (Exact Audio Copy developer) posted a few interesting tweets recently:

"I am working on a new and exciting new ripping product for more than one year - The release is near, stay tuned!" (28 Aug 13)

"The new application will not replace EAC, it just targets a different audience." (30 Aug 13)

"Thus there will be a new EAC version probably around november or so (after the new app has been released)..." (30 Aug 13)

https://twitter.com/exactaudiocopy

Great news

Reply #3
More updates (3 Sep 13):

"As the new project will be completed in the next few days, I am looking for several alpha version testers."

"An alpha tester would report errors to me and let me know of possible improvements. If you are interested, please send me an email(!)"

"Further, I am also looking for translators for the new project. If you are interested, please send me an email(!)"

"I already have german and english translations, but I would like to also have an english "translator" which would proofread my translation."

Reply #4

Interesting! But which audience do you target?

Reply #5
You do know you’re not talking to Andre, right? Try replying on Twitter or by email if you want to speak to him.

Reply #6
You do know you’re not talking to Andre, right? Try replying on Twitter or by email if you want to speak to him.
Thanks, I'll try that

Reply #7
Still, I don’t think he’ll reveal any big info until the new program is released, considering that he seems to be intentionally keeping things vague on Twitter, so he might well not answer such questions.

Reply #8
Split to Validated News: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=103667
I intended to use this as the news thread for the sake of fairness, but I then realised that was not really usable as its position in the portal is based upon the date of its first post, so it would not appear at the top of the list. Splitting from the announcement of the release by korth seemed the second-best way.

Reply #9
Seems a more noob friendly version of EAC, but you have to pay for it.
You can download it here:
http://www.easyaudiocopy.com/download.htm

I guess it won't reach the success of EAC, but EAC would help a bit to promote his new commercial app.