Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some considerations... (Read 2096 times) previous topic - next topic

Some considerations...

Well, after reading so many good opinions about Foobar2K, I decided to give it a try....

First impression, I confess, qas not good at all.... all my mp3 (all encoded with LAME, some older with the -r3mix setting and some newer with -alt-preset fast extreme listening through dedicated amplifier and HQ headphones) sounded awfull, I don't know what it was, but sometimes it would be distortion all over (NOTE: as of this writing I descovered that I had the volume in windows set to max, and that lowering the volume or activating the preamp DSP in foobar2k solved the problem, so maybe it was my fault, and not a bug.... sorry about that!)....

So, now that I can listen to my mp3 decently in foobar2k, all I can say is that i'm impressed.... my music sound livelier with foobar2k; this is something I could only get in winamp with the DFX plug-in, but I don't like using DSP, EQ and other sort of "audio enhacments" solutions, so it was a far from perfect solution.... I prefer a clean signal all the way form the source to the loudspeakers and foobar2K gives me all the quality I would get with Winamp + DFX but giving me a cleaner signal.... So congratulatins to zZzZzZz...

One suggestion regarding the UI....
I personaly prefer that the titlebar format would be customizable or at least have the following format:

Foobar2000-0.3c (Currently playing song)

instead of:

Currently playing song [foobar2000 v0.3c]

I just think it's pretier and more coherent with all other applicatins that exist out there...
You could also make the song name in the titlebar customizable...

Good Work! B)