Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD Ripping and Music Renaming (Read 2054 times) previous topic - next topic

CD Ripping and Music Renaming

Hi! I have two questions

1.) Does foobar2000 support ripping CDs to FLAC and/or OGG Vorbis audio formats? Is there a lossless format I should use instead of FLAC?

2.) I've noticed by looking in winamp that this is how it would format filenames of ripped audio tracks

<Artist> - <Album>\<Track Number> - <Artist> - <Title>

I know of a lot of other people that use that formatting as well. I like how it works. My existing music library is all in one directory as <Artist> - <Album> - <Track Number> - <Title> for most and <Album> - <Track Number> - <Artist> - <Track Title> for soundtracks of movies etc. Is there a way to have foobar2000 to auto. rename them into directories? Thanks!

Reply #1
1) No. Use EAC to rip CDs. FLAC is a good choice. If you want to change, you can always transcode to another format later.

2) Use the forum search option (masstagger / rename)

Reply #2
1) No. Use EAC to rip CDs. FLAC is a good choice. If you want to change, you can always transcode to another format later.

Well, actually it supports ripping CDs, but it's nowhere as safe as EAC.

Reply #3
Ahh okay, thanks for the tips! I used to use EAC a while ago but I stopped using it when I got tired of ripping CDs to crappy mp3. Can FLAC be cleanly reverted to WAVE or whatever it's coverted to from CD?

Reply #4
I ran into a problem with the mass tag editor on two cds. Both were on my Crystal Method CDs. I renamed a completely random mp3 from another cd a song that was on one of the Crystal method CDs. The naming I used on the two is the same as on my other Crystal Method CD Legion of boom that worked fine and all my other music. I don't know what would throw it off, the filename seems fine and it happens with other mp3s.