Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer) (Read 529552 times) previous topic - next topic

Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer)

Reply #125
O-ops... Too many optimizations... Sorry.

Please download foo_channel_mixer.zip again.
My English is very good!
...in comparison with my Korean language...

Reply #126
All is great, thanks

Reply #127
mirror updated.

Reply #128
Version: 0.9.1 alpha

- added: channels selection
- fixed: broken output when multiple DSP chains are active
- fixed: reset "modified" flag after switching profile from menu

http://skipyrich.siteburg.com/store/foo_channel_mixer.zip

Bugfix release...

PS. Will no more versions before foobar0.9 is released!

My English is very good!

Reply #129
PS. Will no more versions before foobar0.9 is released!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329393"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's fine.   
Well, who knows when v0.9 goes final? Few more months? probably. I still stick with v0.83! 

Thanks. 

Reply #130
Bugfix release...

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329393"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the bugfix (though I'd noticed no problems)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #131
Hi, I just installed this plugin and I think it will do what I want; play a stereo encoded mp3 through my 5.1 speaker setup?

However, I can only hear it on my 2 front speakers - not my rear ones or sub woofer.

I CAN hear my surround speakers working in other applications (games etc) and I have changed my speaker config in windows sound control panel to 5.1 and I have also changed my output in ChannelMixer to directsound 2.

Of course I have enabled in DSP Manager and made it the only active DSP i have also activated 6 speakers and mode to copy...anything else I should be doing?

would REALLY love this to work for me.

Reply #132
Try to import/use default presets from default.xml. If its not work for you check DSPs that placed after Channel Mixer.
My English is very good!

Reply #133
Well, I installed this and I'm pleased

I have 5.1 speakers and playing a stereo source through just two of them does not sound good.

One problem I've got is that nothing is being sent to the subwoofer - fixed that by loading the default profiles and selecting 6 channel.

All in all I'm over the moon

Foobar just keeps impressing me!

Thanks!

Reply #134
Try to import/use default presets from default.xml. If its not work for you check DSPs that placed after Channel Mixer.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344373"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I imported and tried ALL the presets from default.xml and Channel Mixer is the only DSP in the DSP Manager... I also tried to put Advanced Limiter after Channel Mixer in the DSP Manager and nothing still... any other ideas?

I know that I do have 5.1 I just tested all speakers playing a game and all works sweet ..

Reply #135
- Review console output while playing song, it must look like:

INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://H:\Music\AC_DC\The Razors Edge (1990)\05 Mistress For Christmas.mpc" (0)
INFO (foo_out_dsound_ex2) : Created stream: 48000Hz 16bps 6ch

- Use visualisation "Simple Spectrum" with "All channels" setting enabled to view which channels are working. Channels are placed in the following order: Left, Right, Center, Sub, Rear Left, Rear Right.

- Use Diskwriter with "Use DSP" option enabled to save 6-channel wave file then review it in sound editor.
My English is very good!

Reply #136
- Review console output while playing song, it must look like:

INFO (CORE) : location: "file://H:\Music\AC_DC\The Razors Edge (1990)\05 Mistress For Christmas.mpc" (0)
INFO (foo_out_dsound_ex2) : Created stream: 48000Hz 16bps 6ch

- Use visualisation "Simple Spectrum" with "All channels" setting enabled to view which channels are working. Channels are placed in the following order: Left, Right, Center, Sub, Rear Left, Rear Right.

- Use Diskwriter with "Use DSP" option enabled to save 6-channel wave file then review it in sound editor.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345545"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 109 ms
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\~Music~\Bright_Eyes-Motion_Sickness\01-bright_eyes-at_the_bottom_of_everything.mp3" (0)
INFO (foo_out_dsound_ex) : Created stream: 44100Hz 16bps 6ch

- how do I change my visualisations to simple spectrum ?

Reply #137
- how do I change my visualisations to simple spectrum ?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://foosion.foobar2000.org/#simple_spectrum]http://foosion.foobar2000.org/#simple_spectrum[/url]
My English is very good!

Reply #138
- how do I change my visualisations to simple spectrum ?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://foosion.foobar2000.org/#simple_spectrum]http://foosion.foobar2000.org/#simple_spectrum[/url]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345866"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks tried that and I get action in every channel just my speakers do not work.

Not to worry, I'll find another media player that may work for me...could be unique to my setup.

Reply #139
A question, would it be possible to upmix 5chn data to 6chn? The missing channel is the subwoofer so it could be linked to the "send lfe in multichannel input from..." option.

I'm asking this because Kernel Streaming craps up with 5 channel music on my soundcard and adding a empty LFE channel would be lengthy and would really enlarge the file size.

Reply #140
A question, would it be possible to upmix 5chn data to 6chn? The missing channel is the subwoofer so it could be linked to the "send lfe in multichannel input from..." option.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346351"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is that data is really 5-channel? Can you email me a sample (~5 seconds length) to skipyrich at mail dot ru?
My English is very good!

Reply #141
100% sure its 5 channel only. It's extracted from a DVD-Audio disc (Frank Zappas QuAUDIOphiliac). Intervideo, DVDA Explorer, Foobar, Wavpack, all see it as 5 channel and the bitrate/filesize matches too.

I don't have any editing tools to make a short sample on my computer (that can process 5chn 24bit 96khz input anyway. And no, its not the bitrate/sampling freq thats making my card freak out, same quality files with 6 channels play fine).
edit: bah, I just cancelled the extraction after 5 seconds. Same thing. wavpacking and uploading now...
edit2: http://evilboris.sonic-cult.net/!trash/track-438cc419.wv

Reply #145
A question: does Channel Mixer generate a LFE channel for the above 5chn format, when the subwoofer -> send to from all channels option is picked? I didn't found any difference between that and a disabled subwoofer at all.

Reply #146
A question: does Channel Mixer generate a LFE channel for the above 5chn format, when the subwoofer -> send to from all channels option is picked? I didn't found any difference between that and a disabled subwoofer at all.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347246"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Option "Send to subwoofer from 5.1..." does nothing on 5-channel input.
In 6-channels output mode the subwoofer and the satellites should get the following:

Code: [Select]
---------------------------------------------------------
│ Use       │ Bass redirection │       Freq range       │
│ subwoofer │                  │------------------------│
│           │                  │ Subwoofer │ Satellites │
│-----------+------------------+-----------+------------│
│     N     │     Disabled     │   None    │    Full    │
│     Y     │     Disabled     │   Full    │    Full    │
│     Y     │       Full       │   Low     │    High    │
│     Y     │   Leave sub...   │   Full    │    High    │
│     Y     │   Leave sat...   │   Low     │    Full    │
---------------------------------------------------------

Where Full freq range mean no filtering, Low - lowpass filter, High - highpass filter.
I test 5->6 mode with your sample, all seems OK...
My English is very good!

Reply #147
hi,

i just found this plugin and it's brilliant! exactly what i needed.

i have one question though. i'm using 6 channel output. when playing 5.1 tracks (dts or dvd-audio), am i correct that the sound isn't touched at all then? i have "send to sub from 5.1: sub channel" and "bass redirect: full" enabled. do they even matter for input that matches the selected output (5.1 -> 6 channels)?

thanks

Reply #148
i have one question though. i'm using 6 channel output. when playing 5.1 tracks (dts or dvd-audio), am i correct that the sound isn't touched at all then? i have "send to sub from 5.1: sub channel" and "bass redirect: full" enabled. do they even matter for input that matches the selected output (5.1 -> 6 channels)?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351462"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you enable bass redirection, then it will work. If you want to leave sub and satellites untouched you should disable bass redirection at all.
My English is very good!

Reply #149
ok, i think i got it, thanks.

another question: playing the sample from this thread http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772 doesn't produce any artifacts on my audiotrak prodigy 7.1lt if i disable all dsps. if i enable channel mixer, i get this weird sound only in the rear speakers. does this hint to a problem with your plugin or is it a conceptual phenomenon which i just have to live with?

thanks

edit: the problem goes away if i additionally enable the advanced limiter.