Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Compiled build for Windows which supports >2 GB filesize? (Read 6215 times) previous topic - next topic

Compiled build for Windows which supports >2 GB filesize?

Hello,
are there any news about this?
I also tried the x64 encoder but it couldn't create a file that is bigger than 2 GB.
6 channel 24bit audio of a movie (180 minutes) easily exceeds this limit.
It's a pity that it works on Linux but not with the compiled build for Windows.
I have to use ALAC for this. 

Edit: Dam, the symbol in the title should be >. [Fixed!—db1989]

Reply #1
You're going to have to find a program that can accept WAVs with invalid headers or use w64.  What format and source is this all starting from, and what is the end application?  What OS are you favoring to work in with this?

Reply #3
You're going to have to find a program that can accept WAVs with invalid headers or use w64.  What format and source is this all starting from, and what is the end application?  What OS are you favoring to work in with this?

Source is DTS, end application can be any video player software that supports FLAC audio.

Here it is (october 2010): http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=725304

This worked, you're my savior! 

I think it would be really a very good idea to make this build more public, by making a sticky thread for it here in the forums or even offering it on the official FLAC sourceforge download ressources.
It's really very helpful, is there any reason against this build?

Edit: Thank you, db1989, for correcting the thread title.

Reply #4
I'm just wondering, why would you convert a lossy format to something uncompressed/lossless?  Seems like a waste of space.

Reply #5
I'm just wondering, why would you convert a lossy format to something uncompressed/lossless?  Seems like a waste of space.

Yes, it certainly is.
But for DTS-HD it makes sense.

And testing in general is fun too. 

Reply #6
Eac3to can encode you a FLAC from pretty much any format without needing an intermediary file.  You just can't specify FLAC compression level.  It defaults to 8.

Reply #7
Eac3to can encode you a FLAC from pretty much any format without needing an intermediary file.

You can use plug-ins for Foobar2000 to make it decode everything and for FLAC encoder it uses inter-process communication via pipes, so no intermediary file like .wav is created.
It's directly from DTS(-HD) to FLAC.

Edit: Ah, I suppose you mean without having to extract the DTS audio somehow?
I think I'll stick to tsMuxeR for this. May be less comfortable but also less complicated.

Reply #8
What is complicated about typing a command?  It doesn't only take audio files, it will read containers, so stuff can be done in one step.  What plugin in foobar lets you losslessly get audio from DTS-HD Master?

Reply #9
What is complicated about typing a command?

Nothing - if you know the command.
I'll give it a try.

It doesn't only take audio files, it will read containers, so stuff can be done in one step.

If it works - nice.

What plugin in foobar lets you losslessly get audio from DTS-HD Master?

This one:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecode...oo_input_dtshd/
I could convert it to FLAC with Foobar2000.
Then I remuxed the FLAC file with the video source and everything seemed to be fine.

Reply #10
Interesting, I wonder if it actually decodes DTS-HD Master losslessly.  It doesn't advertise that it does Master, just DTS-HD, which is something else, and doesn't mean lossless.  If this actually does work, I wonder what the libav people's excuse is for not getting a decoder for DTS-HD Master yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, this plugin still needs the Arcsoft decoder.

Reply #11
Interesting, I wonder if it actually decodes DTS-HD Master losslessly.

In what way shouldn't it be lossless?
The converted FLAC is 96 Khz/24bit so I'd assume nothing is dropped.

EDIT: Nevermind, this plugin still needs the Arcsoft decoder.

What does this mean?
I'm hearing for the first time of this program.

Reply #12
I saw some things about the plugin altering the surround channel data.  By not losslessly, I was initially thinking it could just decode the lossy core, but now that I see it uses the Arcsoft decoder, it is definitely decoding the lossless portion.  Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater is what needs to be installed for it to work.

Reply #13
I saw some things about the plugin altering the surround channel data.  By not losslessly, I was initially thinking it could just decode the lossy core, but now that I see it uses the Arcsoft decoder, it is definitely decoding the lossless portion.  Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater is what needs to be installed for it to work.

So, the Arcsoft decoder has to be installed to make it decode losslessly?
Without it it's lossy?
If yes, it's doing it via DirectShow filters?

Kinda weird, I couldn't find a note about Arcsoft at the SF project page.

Reply #14
WAV files can be up to 4,294,967,284 bytes in size. The WAVE header size is an unsigned integer - poor implementations use a signed integer limiting the size to just 2GB - 1 byte.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #15
Who knows, it looks to be a giant mess just like everything else relating to DTS-HD Master.  It says in the readme that they use proprietary code, but they probably just copied code from Arcsoft into this plugin.  All it says about the Arcsoft stuff is that it needs a valid license for TMT on the computer.