Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Keep the loop information of wav files (Read 3358 times) previous topic - next topic

Keep the loop information of wav files

I have some wav files that contain loop informations, it's very useful in musics creation softwares, for example when you have a sound of a violin of 10 seconds and you want to use it for 20 seconds, you will define a loop section in a audio editor (like soundforge)
Ok you want an example ?

http://annecywebtv.free.fr/violins.rar

Don't open that file with a music player like foobar or winamp, try to open it with CDXTRACT, you'll see that the file is played infinitely...(thanks to the loop information ! )

i'm using optimfrog  for lossless encoding, it is possible to keep the loop informations inside the ofr file ? I don't want to use another codecs because i think optimfrog is the best for me...

Reply #1
Most lossless compressors will retain extra RIFF information like that, including OptimFROG. One that I know that won't is FLAC, but it will warn you that it is "skipping unknown sub-chunks".

Reply #2
i've just tested with optimfrog and it doesn't retain the loop information, did i forgot a command ?

i'm using --encode  --mode extranew - --output %d  (using CLI encoder in foobar)

Reply #3
Ok it works !

I was using cli encoder to encode wav files to OFR , but when i wanted to decode OFR to WAV, i used the diskwriter included in foobar, not the OFR decoder, that's why the loop information was not saved...

It works perfectly now !