Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Coverart issue - CUETools/CUERipper 2.1.9 (Windows 7) (Read 1515 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Coverart issue - EAC ...

Coverart issue - CUETools/CUERipper 2.1.9 (Windows 7)

This topic was split from Coverart issue - EAC CUETools DB plugin

I've been intrigued by this thread as it is specifically about loss of coverart functionality in the CTDB Plugin for EAC but nobody else has commented on the similar loss of coverart retrieval in  CueTools and CueRipper.    My experience is that CueRipper has not found any cover art for CDs ripped since early November 2021.

I'm in regular contact with another forum member (plugs13amp) and he has found the same.   We both use CueTools 2.1.6 but I also sometimes use the IkyDev 2.1.7-workaround-v2 version with a Pioneer DVR-S21WBK drive - that also no longer finds cover art.

Having seen the patched dll files made available to fix the issue in the EAC plugin v2.1.9, we have both tried downloading CueTools 2.1.9 and applying the patched files to that.   The results are mixed.  For plugs13amp, that has worked and he is now seeing cover art retrieved by CueRipper but it is still not working for me.  (One obvious difference between his setup and mine is that he is running under Windows 10 but I'm using an older Win 7 PC.)

Is the approach we have taken a recommended solution for CueTools/CueRipper users or is a modified new version of CueTools planned to address the coverart issue?

Re: Coverart issue - CUETools/CUERipper 2.1.9 (Windows 7)

Reply #1
Only CUETools.CTDB.EACPlugin.dll was modified in the patch so the other files won't really make a difference.
CUERipper 2.1.6 can no longer connect to coverartarchive.org.
CUETools/CUERipper 2.1.9 seems to be retrieving coverart when available.
korth

Reply #2
CUETools/CUERipper 2.1.9 seems to be retrieving coverart when available.
Above comment was Windows 10. You're correct the covers are not working on Windows 7.
korth

Reply #3
Adding TLS1.2 support to Windows 7 fixed my issue with CUETools/CUERipper 2.1.9 covers.
The registry keys I modified are in the attached reg file. I'd suggest backing up your registry before applying.

KB3140245 may also be needed if not already installed.

reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392
korth

Reply #4
re Twangster's post - Mea Culpa
Just my luck that I picked a test cd from my pile of old never-ripped cds for which coverartarchive.org doesn't have any artwork !
I've just downloaded v2.1.9 zip afresh and installed as portable on a different usb stick, then tested with a cd which I know coverartarchive does have artwork for, and it's fine (W10 x64), artwork quickly found.

The original test cd was:
Elkie Brooks - Rich Man's Woman (Pickwick Music re-release)
Label No: PWKS 553, Catalogue: 5010946655320
DISCID: 62086509
CTDB TOCID: 7Ts3E.EXpKjiZH0GCFlJjlMegRA-

Even AlbumArtDownloader only found one nearly correct artwork - the Pickwick release uses a head and shoulders cropped version of the original.

Reply #5
Thanks, Korth - I'll try adding TLS1.2 as you suggest.

Thanks also for the earlier Personal Message.

Reply #6
Success.

KB3140245 was not already on my PC but was available as an optional update in Windows Update so was easily installed.  After a restart I backed up the registry and then applied the enable_TLS12_win7.reg file.

CueRipper 2.1.9 now finds coverart for most of the sample CDs I tried.

So thanks again for your help, Korth.   I'm much obliged.