Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: f2k v1.4.1b1: advanced-preferences option to encode to temp folder MISSING? (Read 1785 times) previous topic - next topic

f2k v1.4.1b1: advanced-preferences option to encode to temp folder MISSING?

Hello,
I'm eager to try the new option/feature
Converter: advanced-preferences option to encode to temp folder and move encoded-and-tagged files to the intended destination.
while reading the changelog.
Unfortunately, I cannot find this option.

This is where I looked:

Is there another place, I should have looked?
(I also checked the Converter Options, but nothing to find here too)

Re: f2k v1.4.1b1: advanced-preferences option to encode to temp folder MISSING?

Reply #1
Are you sure you're on 1.4.1 beta? There should be "Convert to temporary location, move to destination folder when finished" checkbox right below the "Additional command-line encoder paths" setting.

Reply #2
Are you sure you're on 1.4.1 beta? There should be "Convert to temporary location, move to destination folder when finished" checkbox right below the "Additional command-line encoder paths" setting.
Well, it states it on the titlebar.

Reply #3
That's not the only option you are missing. Something is definitely not up-to-date with your installation:

Reply #4
That's not the only option you are missing. Something is definitely not up-to-date with your installation:
You're right. but I just started the foobar2000_v1.4.1_beta_1.exe and clicked on "update". So I guess, f2k has some problems with my configuration files.

To test, I did a clean portable install and voilá:

For now, I revert to the last stable, because I can't spend time to configure my beloved f2k from scratch to my hyper-personalized music-system :-)

Cheers & thank you.

Reply #5
Your converter settings don't match even version 1.4. It lacks the context menu and UTF-8 cuesheet settings from that version. Open the components directory in the install location and make sure there are no subdirs there. And perhaps check you haven't installed bundled components to the profile dir. Those you can remove from the Preferences -> Components page if you have.

Reply #6
Open the components directory in the install location and make sure there are no subdirs there.
Thanks,
the components dir looks like this. So it seems ok, I guess?

check you haven't installed bundled components to the profile dir. Those you can remove from the Preferences -> Components page if you have.
I'm not quite sure, I understand "bundled components". Would you mind to explain?

I have quite a lot components installed.
So you're telling, one of them could "steal" some entries from the Advanced Preferences panel?

Reply #7
the components dir looks like this. So it seems ok, I guess?
It's far from OK. Almost all of the files are nearly three years old. I assume you have picked custom installation at some point and disabled all optional components so you haven't received anything but UI and standard input updates.
Also foo_comserver2 shouldn't be here. Placing third party components in the install dir was valid means to install updates a decade ago but not anymore.

Re-run the installer and make sure all optional components are ticked.

Reply #8
Re-run the installer and make sure all optional components are ticked.
Thank you very much for your help!
I did a new and full portable install into my actual f2k install dir and it seems to work now. I see the new and missing settings.