Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413474 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #450

I can't figure out how to add it as a UI element in foobar 0.9.5. It's not listed in the menu (with album art viewer, album list, etc)

Any word on this yet?
LyricsDB is NOT about displaying lyrics: it's a repository you can download from/upload to.

To see your lyrics in foobar you'll have to use another plugin.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #451
Is there anyone to contact to get promoted or do I just wait until I get promoted?  I am working on a Stevie Wonder Project, so I am overhauling all the lyrics on there, especially since some of them just use stock lyrics from another artist that sang the same song.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #452
Hi, I'm using the lyricsdb.dll as a part of the FoFR foobar config.  It really is amazing to just have access to so many lyrics so easily, good job and thank you to the creators.

I've recently run across a strange problem that popped up one day for seemingly no reason:

When searching for lyrics, on any song, I now get:

-the "importing lyrics..." dialogue pops up
-the dialogue says "processing", then "parsing"
-it then displays "end of document reached..." and sticks there.  I can't click the "close" button or close the dialogue in any other way.

the dialogue sticks there until I close foobar, at which time I get:

"metadb_handle leaks: 2 objects"

(the number is the number of different songs I've tried to search for lyrics for)

I think this problem would be related to the lyricsdb plugin, not part of FoFR (though I could be wrong).  Any thoughts on what might be causing this or on how to fix it?  Thanks!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #453
Some random thoughts:

- are you running the latest lyricsdb version?
- what's your foobar2000 version?
- did you try to get the lyrics of one of the cuplrit songs through a clean (DUI) foobar2000 install?
- if all else fail, can you post an example of artist/title that shows the problem?

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #454
yap, it's interesting if you have same problem on the same trak (and no problem on the other). may be there are some weird tags or something. and the other question is about clean foobar2000 installation
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #455
sorry if I worded that strangely.  This happens to ALL songs.  just the "metadb_handle leaks: X objects" X changes to the number of songs I have tried searching for lyrics for.

PROBLEM FIXED, thanks for the recommendations.  I downloaded the newest version of lyricsdb and it now seems to be working.  It was just strange that the old version was working fine for a long time, then started giving the above error for no reason.

also I just wanted to point out there are missing download links on the lyricsdb download page:
        you may also don't need these versions of dlls:

msvcr80.dll (310k, zipped)
        msvcp80.dll (143k, zipped).

These links dont work (though thankfully I didn't seem to need them).

edit # 2:  actually, according to the date modified on the foo_lyricsdb.dll (2/26/2007) they were both the same version.  possibly the .dll just got corrupted and replacing it fixed the problem?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #456
offtopic:

By the way, is here somebody from Serbia? Contact me please by mail

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #457
I add some lirycs to DB, and i see all in my profile in www, but when i use "Search Online" in foobar, plugin found nothing...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #458
Really like the plugin, I was amazed at the amount of lyrics it finds, even on not-so-widespread music.

However, I am having some issues:
  • There seems to be an encoding glitch (or something like that). If a lyric is found and displayed and it contains a non-ASCII character (e.g. german Umlaut), the text ends where that character would be and the rest of the text is cut off.

Once this is fixed, the plugin will rock non-english lyrics, too 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #459
Already acknowledged, but it looks like dug still has to work on it  (or perhaps you don't have the latest version?).

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #460
Just re-checked that I have the latest version, but I also just realized that I *did* get complete lyrics, Umlauts and all, just on some songs they were cut off. Maybe these lyrics were submitted with a version that still had encoding problems, but it's all fixed now. In that case, these lyrics need to be re-submitted, I guess.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #461
Just found this great tool this week. I have put off lyric tagging my files for years due to the work load (HUGE collection lol). Wish I had done it from the start lol then I found this awesome and easier way then manual copy and paste... hurray. Thank-you for this plugin and running the server great stuff.  Now to be able to help clean-up the database

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #462
Now that I have used this for a few days I have an idea. Many users I assume when they find faulty lyrics will edit them in the preview panel to fix them, then perhaps upload the fixed copy, but unlikely to go to the database website and mark the original faulty lyric with a "complaint" comment.

Would it be hard to implement a method of adding a complaint comments to a faulty lyric entry from an extension off the preview panel when using the right click lookup within foobar2000?

I think more "low tier" users that don't have edit/delete ability in the database would help by marking faulty lyrics if they could do it from within foobar2000 with the LyricsDB plugin. I am guessing many less dedicated users don't bother loading up the website everytime they find a lyric they have to edit or clean up slightly....

I am bet this is easier said the done  Just a thought though

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #463
I am trying to update of an italian artist but I have a problem with this lyric:
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/francescoguccini/eskimo.html

lyric is truncated: in my locale versio I have more lines, I upload successfully the lyric but  when I try to get it from DB it appears truncated (only  the first line).
Somebody know what happens ?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #464
Ok, I have solved the problem, sorry for these message, delete them if you want.
The lyric is truncated  because it contains the character " (double quote), I have solved using single quote character '

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #465
FYI, there are no problems with double quotes: there were multiple versions of those lyrics (three from you and one from lyiricsondemand) and you were seeing the latter.

I have now purged all the occurences but one.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #466
FYI, there are no problems with double quotes: there were multiple versions of those lyrics (three from you and one from lyiricsondemand) and you were seeing the latter.

I have now purged all the occurences but one.

Alessandro

Ok, thank you for your interest :-)
Sandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #467
the server "http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/" is actually down for more than 3 hours. tried to install the plugin, but i could not connect to the server and get the lyrics. is there perhaps a mirror that works?

edit: the server is online again - everything works fine

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #468
god damit. server will be offline for some time due total provider's mindlessness

upd:
k, back now.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #469
I have the same problem with other italian songs, they are  truncated, only few lines of the lyrics appers.
For example:
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/francescoguccini/auschwitz.html

I am trying to upload the complete lyrics, but it is not modified (I have no errors when I  upload the lyrics).
Is it possible to solve ?
Thanks
Sandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #470
I am trying to upload the complete lyrics, but it is not modified (I have no errors when I  upload the lyrics).
I did some clean up: please check now.

In any case, note that uploading an existing lyric does NOT override the previous version but create a "twin" in the db.

If there are other occurences of this problem (and most probably there are: I don't know if this annoying bug is fixed now, but it seems to have triggered many times) please report back: we may eventually raise your user level so you can directly fix them.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #471
In any case, note that uploading an existing lyric does NOT override the previous version but create a "twin" in the db.

If there are other occurences of this problem (and most probably there are: I don't know if this annoying bug is fixed now, but it seems to have triggered many times) please report back: we may eventually raise your user level so you can directly fix them.

Alessandro

Thank you very much, now it is OK.
Sorry for the late of my reply.
I have noted this problem only with italian songs, I have downloaded many lyrics of englhis authors (Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd) and they are perfect :-)
Thank you very much and happy 2009
Sandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #472
I have noted this problem only with italian songs
Unfortunately other languages are affected too: Spanish for example and (I presume) French. Any lyric containing an accented character automatically downloaded by the plug-in is potentially involved.

Fixing them is probably not too hard: assuming the bug is fixed, I could simply delete the lyrics. Either the plug-in will re-download them at the next request or a user will upload the correct version.

The real problem is pinpointing them: I'm afraid only dug could do that in a fast and reliable way.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #473
Has anyone any intentions of updating this for foobar2000 0.9.6.1?

Just curious cause it is a great plugin!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #474
Dug,

I am loving your plug in and use it with Cepi Perez Dark skin. Problem is of late the database has been offline more than online......is this going to be resolved one day more or less permanently?

Understand it is a hassle and all that but at the end of the day I just want something that's always there....

Dave M

....forgot to say I know it has financial implications and all that. I do understand you are providing a fantastic service and people like me are just the end users....so thanks for that.