Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable to open/convert mini2sf files. (Read 1349 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to open/convert mini2sf files.

Hi all. This is probably a matter kode54 can answer.
I've been trying to decode some mini2sf files so that I may play them with other music players or devices. These files originate from Zophar's site and I'm using the 2SF decoder (foo_input_vio2sf; version 0.26.2). However, when I try to open or convert them, I get:
Code: [Select]
Unable to open item for playback (Unable to open 2SF file):
"C:\105 COUNT DOWN.mini2sf"
or
Code: [Select]
1 out of 1 files converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\105 COUNT DOWN.mini2sf"
  Unable to open source file: Unable to open 2SF file
  Conversion failed: Unable to open 2SF file
I'm fairly new; is there a step that I may have missed? Is there a better approach to doing what's been described?

Re: Unable to open/convert mini2sf files.

Reply #1
There must be file with extension 2sflib in the same folder where *.mini2sf files are located. When you download all tracks in one archive, 2sflib is there.

Re: Unable to open/convert mini2sf files.

Reply #2
There must be file with extension 2sflib in the same folder where *.mini2sf files are located. When you download all tracks in one archive, 2sflib is there.
I followed your suggestion and the issue was promptly solved.