Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to apply replaygain, volume normalization and encode low quality mp3 to opus (Read 1643 times) previous topic - next topic

How to apply replaygain, volume normalization and encode low quality mp3 to opus

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have 25 gb of speech files which are recorded by someone at mostly 32 kbps and 64 kbps. I want to convert these mp3 files to opus using foobar.

Actually the file's I want to convert are transcoded by someone from high quality files to low quality files using fhg encoder. I am sure about it because I saw the properties of these files in Windows explorer. They have not encoded the files properly I mean with optimum settings. They have compressed huge files into small mp3 files and  distributed freely.

As these mp3 files are not encoded properly I am unable to hear the voice properly instead I am getting noise. For listening these mp3 files it is ok I mean I am able to sacrifice some quality because they are available freely.

I want to convert these files to opus. Previously I have converted to opus using dbpoweramp at 12 kbps vbr, 48000 hz, channels set to mono. Someone suggested to encode atleast at 16 kbps and so I have done using dbpoweramp but still I am unable to hear the voice loudly and so I have added dsp volume normalize and in that I have selected adaptive equalization EBU but the process is taking many hours to encode a single file. So I have decided to encode using foobar by adding some dsps inorder to maintain same volume for all files.

In foobar I can't find any dsp called volume normalize but found Replaygain and in that I found tabs source mode, processing, Preamp. In preamp I found with RG info, without RG info. Are there any separate plugins for volume normalization.

In order to get high quality opus files I am ready to use 24 kbps bitrate. I am new to dsps and so please suggest right settings in order to maintain same volume for all volumes and if possible to reduce noise.

Regards,
Rupesh.
Regards,
Rupesh.