Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch convert FLAC to MP3 with copying of folder structure. (Read 48976 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch convert FLAC to MP3 with copying of folder structure.

Reply #25
A problem raises when you have multiCD albums with each CD stored in its own subdirectory.

Batch convert FLAC to MP3 with copying of folder structure.

Reply #26
Just in case any Linux users are looking for an answer, there is a command line utility called pacpl which converts between multiple formats, creates directories where necessary (if asked) and can also overwrite/ignore existing files. I like it very much.

I just wish it would copy album art too, but it looks as if I have to write my own script to do that, and my *nix scripting, which once helped to earn my living, is now dismal.

The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Re: Batch convert FLAC to MP3 with copying of folder structure.

Reply #27
Example:
Files to convert are stored at NAS, path is "\\nas\\music\FLAC\Breakbeat\"
I want to convert them to *.ogg and save converted files to "H:\music\OGG" with copying of folder structure.

How to make it:
1. Output folder:
Code: [Select]
H:\music\OGG

2. Output style and filename formatting:
$directory_path($replace(%path%,\\nas\\music\FLAC\,))\%filename%
This expression make 2 things:
1. remove path to folder, where stored folders with files to convert.
2. remove filename with extension from path, trimmed at 1
3. add filename without old extension.

File stored as
\\nas\music\FLAC\Breakbeat\Hyper\Hyper - Bully (The Remixes) [2015]\01. Hyper - Ghost (Davip Remix).flac
Will be converted to
H:\music\OGG\Breakbeat\Hyper\Hyper - Bully (The Remixes) [2015]\01. Hyper - Ghost (Davip Remix).ogg

Re: Batch convert FLAC to MP3 with copying of folder structure.

Reply #28
Please delete, still testing.