Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cannot View Foobar2000 .exe through Foobar2000????? (Read 2918 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: Splitting single ...

Cannot View Foobar2000 .exe through Foobar2000?????

Try foobar2000.  Make sure the .cue and the flac file are in the same directory.  Load the cue into foobar's playlist window (drag and drop should work).  It should expand to multiple tracks.  Select them all (Ctrl-A), right click to bring up a tools menu, select Convert, choose either WAV or FLAC as output, and there you go.  You'll have to tag and rename the files afterwards , though it's possible to do in foobar too.
ah, wait, you said Linux, never mind : <

Newbie Member (First Post) :(

Using Foobar2000 how do I independently isolate and copy/save a single music file track that has been presented to me as one single music FLAC file with 20 individual songs on a single music FLAC file.  I want the single music track to be within the FLAC File Music Format.

I go to Convert …..and it takes me to “Quick Convert” …..I click on “FLAC” and the “Convert”.  A second box appears (“Save As”) showing me the “File Name” of the FLAC music file I am trying to convert – under that area showing me “Save As Type” FLAC Files is shown.  I click save a third box pops up asking me to “Locate FLAC.exe” (Command-Line Encoder).  I go to the directory of the Foobar2000.  But no “Exe” is nowhere to be found at least when viewing it through the Foolbar2000 software.  But I can see it when viewing it without the Foobar2000; but that doesn't help my situation. 

I have no problem using the steps along above in converting a FLAC music file to a WAV music file with success.  But I wish to save all my files as FLAC music files through the Foobar2000 Software.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(END)

Re: Cannot View Foobar2000 .exe through Foobar2000?????

Reply #1
I don't think foobar comes with a copy of flac.exe, so there shouldn't one in your foobar2000 folder.  Instead, you can download one here:

https://xiph.org/flac/download.html

Then point foobar2000 at that file.

Re: Cannot View Foobar2000 .exe through Foobar2000?????

Reply #3
I don't think foobar comes with a copy of flac.exe, so there shouldn't one in your foobar2000 folder.  Instead, you can download one here:

https://xiph.org/flac/download.html

Then point foobar2000 at that file.

Thanks.  I downloaded the "Free Encoder Pack" and everything works great now.  Thanks for your assistance. :)